Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Don D, thanks for posting!

If it doesn't pertain to metal, wood, wire or fabric—but it is about vintage Chris-Crafts, ask your question or give your advice here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

jfrprops

Don D, thanks for posting!

Post by jfrprops » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:02 am

If you have been checking Boat Buzz lately you have seen my lament that postings have fallen off significantly.....well I take heart that things have seemed to pick up a bit of late and I especially appreciate that Don Danenberg is posting some! We need to see what projects are out there and who is doing what, and what solutions and comments other have to offer. Keep Posting!
I am Going Boating!

John in Va
1980 Fairchild Scout 30
19?? custom Argentine Runabout 16'
1954 Whirlwind deluxe dual ckpt 16'
1921 Old Town Charles River 17' (founding Captain, James River Batteau Festival)

joanroy

Re: Don D, thanks for posting!

Post by joanroy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:03 pm

End of an Era! There are fewer and fewer younger folks interested in anything to do with hands on fix or restore your own boat or fix anything else for that matter. Education has gone another way. There's a severe shortage of skilled tradesmen and it's getting worse. Been in the trades for forty years and love lt! HELP WANTED

tkhersom

Post by tkhersom » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:06 am

Word has it that the pendulum is actually starting to swing back. The younger generations are starting to look for something tangible. Almost everything "retro" is becoming very popular. :D

jfrprops wrote:If you have been checking Boat Buzz lately you have seen my lament that postings have fallen off significantly.....well I take heart that things have seemed to pick up a bit of late and I especially appreciate that Don Danenberg is posting some! We need to see what projects are out there and who is doing what, and what solutions and comments other have to offer. Keep Posting!
I am Going Boating!

John in Va

Personally I think the long days of summer keep a lot of people outside doing stuff and off their computers and I am all for that. I think the increase in traffic can be somewhat credited to the shorter days and people working on their projects now more than using them.

Happy Boating!
Troy in ANE - Former President CCABC

1957 CC 21' Continental "Yorktown" (Mom's boat)
https://www.chris-craft.org/boats/22625/
1985 Formula 242LS "Gottago"
1991 Formula 36PC "Band Aids"

Life Is Too Short To Own An Ugly Boat

steve bunda

Post by steve bunda » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:47 pm

I am with Troy, I phones and computer games, fake fun . Tangible, real outside experiences with wood boats, lake and rivers , friends and family , price less. I also like " THE DON " :D