Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

56' Chris-Craft, Dean Martin's - Innamorata

If it doesn't pertain to metal, wood, wire or fabric—but it is about vintage Chris-Crafts, ask your question or give your advice here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

timex

56' Chris-Craft, Dean Martin's - Innamorata

Post by timex » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:29 am

Just sharing...Tim

Found on Craigslist.
Was being used for dinner cruises.
INNAMORATACRUISE

Dean Martin's boat orginally, one of 6 built that year in 1956 with three still on the water."

Click Here: for the ad.

56' Chris-Craft Salon Motoryacht - once owned by Dean Martin

Dean Martin fans rejoice! Crafted of teak and mahogany, this classic 1956 Chris Craft was once owned by the late Dean Martin.

The stunning 56ft yacht has been christened the “Innamorata,” Italian for sweetheart, after one of Dean’s most memorable songs.

She is currently being operated as a dinner cruise charter yacht on Lake Chelan. This is a unique opportunity to own a exquisite Christ-Craft motoryacht with a history of being owned by a celebrity.

Imagine who could have been on board with Dean and his family; Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr., John Wayne, Marilyn Monroe.

She is literally a window into old Hollywood. If you are looking for a turn key charter business in a great location, or would just like to own a peice of Hollywood maritime history- this is your chance.

Whatever your pleasure, the Innamorata reflects the romance, elegance, and nostalgia reminiscent of the great Hollywood icons.

Give a man a fish, feed him today.
Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.

timex

Post by timex » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:08 pm

Just sharing, Tim

OK, I already proclaimed what a image whore I am.

So if your still in the closet, go to the link below and there's a cool 45 images available of...
Dean Martin's boat 56ft, originally, one of 6 built in 1956 with three still on the water."

http://www.boats.com/boat-details/Chris ... t/20954741

Give a man a fish, feed him today.
Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.

Wood Commander

Post by Wood Commander » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:56 pm

Several of us out here in the Pacific Northwest Chapter of the ACBS have seen and known about this boat over the years. As of about 2-3 years ago she had been in use as a dinner cruise boat on Lake Chelan, a beautiful glacier lake in Central Washington state. At that time her owner died, and as far as I know she has been idle ever since, and pretty much wasting away at her moorage, which I understand she recently lost. I was at Chelan attending a vintage unlimited Hydro exhibition the year before last and saw her then and it was pretty sad. Somebody was taking people aboard at her moorage near the Hydro pits and were attempting to start the diesels and it wasn't pretty.
Several of our members have cottages on Lake Chelan and the word is she needs to be moved by a certain time frame, thus the drop in price from $439,000 or whatever to the $250,000 range or whatever it is they are asking now.

Unfortunately this boat has been moored outdoors without any cover for at least several years and the weather and time has and is taking it's toll. In my opinion, if you removed thew first digit altogether from the price I think they should consider themselves lucky to get an offer. And I'm not so sure I'd believe their claim about there only being three of these boats left either.

It is a shame because this boat could be a really cool classic. But she would require a LOT of work and money.
Bret

1953 35' Commander "Adonis III"

1970 23' lancer project

Gele B

Post by Gele B » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:31 pm

There is a 56' Salon Motoryacht in Annapolis called "Mary Kathryn" when I saw her a few years ago she was in immaculate condition, unfortunately I do not have any pictures of the vessel. Truly a stunning yacht.

Bill Basler

Post by Bill Basler » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:11 pm

Mary Kathryn belongs to members Richard and Julie Gilbert of Annapolis. She is still in good hands.
Bill Basler

Don Ayers
Club Executive Team

Post by Don Ayers » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:51 pm

All following this thread Please read below;

Hi Don,

I was viewing your conversation on your antique boat club site. Wanted to let you know we have the same pic of Dean Martin w/his guitar on our boat that used to be owned by him. The one in the Chris Craft boat is definitely a cut & paste job. FYI, I also viewed the conversation in "odd & ends" section and was very disheartened at the mis-information that was being given out there about our yacht. It is the "Innamorata", 1956 56 ft Salon Yacht. It has seen some weather, however, we have been operating it for the past two years and have done a great deal of work. It has actually been running up & down the lake for the past 5 yrs just fine. When we acquired it, it was in need of some love, but we have given it as much as we can and restored what we could trying to preserve this great beauty with such a rich history. Sadly, the politics here don't make it easy on vessels over 30ft. We have put it for sale in hopes someone with more time and money than we have could enjoy and care for it as it deserves. It was appraised recently at $200, not including the business. We actually had a dispute over our preferred moorage site, but are covered up and safe and sound in our usual winter slips. This boat is beautiful, and runs like a top. We have enjoyed it very much. My husband and I would be very interested in talking with the couple Richard & Julie Gilbert who Bill said have the twin "Mary Katherine". We were told there was only "1" twin remaining, and that would be it. If there is yet another, I would be surprised. If you could post and ask them to email me I would be very grateful. Also, if any of those who were speaking about us in the odds & ends section have any questions about this yacht, I welcome contact from them too. My email is [email protected] or [email protected]. Thank you for your time and sharing.

Respectfully,

Shelly Ward & Danny Lockhart

Shelly Ward
PO Box 1177
Chelan, WA 98816
509.682.8612 ph/fx
509.682.9500 cell
[email protected]
www.InnamorataCruise.com
Don Ayers
1959 Riva Ariston
www.RivaForum.org
www.barrelback.com

Mark Christensen

Re: 56' Chris-Craft, Dean Martin's - Innamorata

Post by Mark Christensen » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:29 pm

Can anybody repost the pics? The link is dead.
1961 24' Chris Craft Sportsman - CUA-24-0007C
1940's Homebuilt 14' Racing Hydroplane

Doug P

Post by Doug P » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:07 pm

Last heard (2012) that she was to be moved to Bellingham and have some refitting and continue on with dinner cruise.

Peter M Jardine

Post by Peter M Jardine » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:09 pm

There is another one of these boats here in the Bay of Quinte area. Her name is Majesty, but she has been hauled for several years, and is in poor condition. She was also being used as a dinner charter, but has not seen the water for......7? years or so.

Right or wrong, I thought this model had John Trumpy involved in it's design. Anyone confirm this?

Jim Bell

Post by Jim Bell » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:25 pm

Yes Peter, I cruised on the "Majesty" a few times. Insurance company jacked his rates up crazy and shut him down, as I recall. :(