Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

2017 Board of Directors Election - Biographies of Nominees

Every so often the executives of The Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club will pose a question asking for your thoughts. Or maybe you have something that you would like to share with us. Step up on the soap box here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

tkhersom

2017 Board of Directors Election - Biographies of Nominees

Post by tkhersom » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:32 am

The 2017 Election of Directors begins November 1st and ends on the 15th. Our Nominating Committee submitted the following names to be considered by our members for serving 2-year terms as Directors of the Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club.

- Troy Hersom (incumbent)
- Robert (Bob) Kays (new)
- Allen Mackin (new)
- Paul Pletcher (incumbent)

Those elected will begin their tenure on January 1st, 2018 and will be expected to serve until December 31st, 2019.

I want all of our members to know that we had three other candidates that were going to run for the four open positions, but needed to withdraw their candidacy in the last few weeks for different reasons.

Your 2017 Board of Directors are as follows:

Troy Hersom - Term expires 12/31/2017 - Presently serving as President
Dr. J. Lawrance Jamieson - Term expires 12/31/2018 - Presently serving as Vice President and Director of Membership
Paul Pletcher - Term expires 12-31-2017
Donald R. Ploetner II - Term expires 12/31/2018 - Presently serving as Director of Advertising
Andy Riggs - Term expires 12/31/2017 - Presently serving as Treasurer
Jeff Rogers - Term expires 12/31/2017

Patricia (Pat) Baldwin is not a board member, but is serving as Secretary

At this time I would like to thank Andy Riggs and Jeff Rogers for their service to the Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club. They will be missed

Biographies of Nominees: In alphabetical order as they appear on the Official Ballet

Troy Hersom:

I LOVE Chris-Craft Boats!

Robert (Bob) Kays:

I would be happy to serve on the board of CCABC.

I have been a member of ACBS and the Lake Hopatcong Chapter since 1982 and a member of CCABC since the late 80's. I am a past President of our Chapter and currently serve on our Board. I have owned a Chris Craft since 1993 and currently own a 1957 17' CC Custom Runabout "Relax". My family and I have owned a summer home on Lake Hopatcong since 1956.

I currently am Vice President of the Lake Hopatcong Historical Museum and President of our Island association. I also volunteer with the Lake Hopatcong Foundation.

In the past I was elected to served on my local school board as V.P. and President for 12 years. I have also served in various capacities on non profits in my home county.

I believe the mission of the CCABC is important to the future of our hobby and would be happy to help.

Allen Mackin:

Hello, my name is Allen Mackin and I live in Lake Hopatcong, New Jersey which has a rich history in antique and classic boating.

What I'm about to tell you you may surprise you - I am only 27 years old and Chris Crafts are my passion! Yes, you arereading that correctly. I have spent my entire life around boats and have my father and grand father to thank for that.

Over the past five years I have fallen in love with these beautiful boats and their rich history.

For the past several years, I have been fortunate to help in the restoring and preservation of these beautiful pieces of history. I try to learn something new every time I work on a boat from my mentor.

Since I am so young in this boating community, I believe I can help with linking the younger generation to our great sport and share the passion we all have for these boats. There is a vast amount of knowledge that I would like to share to new and old members alike. I want to continue making our sport grow for years to come.

Thank you.

Paul Pletcher:

Paul Pletcher is a retired architect and former corporate president, specializing in large complex projects in the United States and abroad. He and his wife, Janet, and adopted daughter, Helene, run their boats on the Cumberland River system in central Tennessee. They presently own 115-feet of mahogany and fiberglass Chris-Craft boats, from 1956-1973.

Paul got his start in boating as a young child at Conneaut Lake, Pennsylvania, where his grandfather frequently drove a large Scripps-powered Hacker-Craft, and where he later served as lifeguard at the Midway Hotel beach in the late 1960s. He is a past charter member of a large ACBS chapter, and 1984 member of the ACBS international board of directors.

Paul has organized and served as a sponsor for boating events including the world’s largest gathering of Chris-Craft Commanders two years in a row, at Huron, Ohio, attended by personal guests, Chris Smith and Herb Pocklington. He hosts a not-for-profit boating web site that has urged people to join Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club for over ten years. Paul has published two books featuring Chris-Craft boats, served as a boat show judge, and has presented programs at the ACBS Annual meeting at Bay Harbor, Michigan, International Boating Symposium in Seattle, Wooden Boat Owners Association of North Texas, and Buffalo Launch Club. He presently holds positions at two yacht clubs, recently served on the board at Chris Craft Antique Boat Club, and is a regular contributor to The BRASS BELL with “Pletcher’s Opiniated Ramblings”.
Troy in ANE - Former President CCABC

1957 CC 21' Continental "Yorktown" (Mom's boat)
https://www.chris-craft.org/boats/22625/
1985 Formula 242LS "Gottago"
1991 Formula 36PC "Band Aids"

Life Is Too Short To Own An Ugly Boat

jfrprops

Re: 2017 Board of Directors Election - Biographies of Nomine

Post by jfrprops » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:07 am

Troy has the best bio....imho.....

I will vote the slate and appreciate their willingness to serve.

John in Va.

mfine

Post by mfine » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:24 pm

A motley crew indeed!

JohnKadimik

Post by JohnKadimik » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:57 am

CCABC’s nomination committee consists of one person. Everyone agree with that?

tkhersom

Post by tkhersom » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:28 pm

I apologize for any miscommunication in this matter.

Donald Ploetner II was the Chair of the Nominating Committee while each member of the BOD is automatically a member of the committee. We did not have any non board members on the committee this year.

I personally called several candidates as did Mr. Ploetner and other board members.

Don Danenberg

Post by Don Danenberg » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:48 pm

Hey,
You guys are doing it, not just the 'miscommunication of the young experts' of old.

Well Done, from here, Thanks!
The boats are most important,
DonD

Wilson Wright

Post by Wilson Wright » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:18 pm

While I did not withdraw my expression of interest in serving, I non the less congratulate the committee on its selection in reaching out to a younger member of the boating community...An act which is long overdue. Hopefully he can bring more younger people into the fold.

tkhersom

Post by tkhersom » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:18 am

Hi All!

I am here again to make it clear that we did not intend to have only 4 candidates on our ballot this year.

There had been a total of seven potential candidates, however, three needed to withdraw for different reasons shortly before the candidates were announced. I also had a member who contacted me about getting on the ballot about 24 hours after I had posted the list of candidates. Hopefully there will be more candidates to choose from in next year's election.

If you are interested in serving on the Board of Directors please make your intentions known early in the year so we can get you in place for next years election cycle.

An e-mail will be sent to all members on November 1st. Please vote for up to four director candidates as we do need to be elected to make this process official.

Happy Boating! :D