Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

2016 Board of Directors Election - Biographies of Nominees

Every so often the executives of The Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club will pose a question asking for your thoughts. Or maybe you have something that you would like to share with us. Step up on the soap box here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

tkhersom

2016 Board of Directors Election - Biographies of Nominees

Post by tkhersom » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:39 am

The 2016 Election of Directors begins November 1st and ends on the 15th. Our Nominating Committee submitted the following names to be considered by our members for serving 2-year terms as Directors of the Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club.

- Dr. J.Lawrence Jamieson (new)
- Tyler Konecny (new)
- Donald R. Ploetner II (incumbent)

Those elected will begin their tenure on January 1st, 2017 and will be expected to serve until December 31st, 2018.

Your 2016 Board of Directors are as follows:

Al Benton - Term expires 12/31/2017 - Presently serving as President
Troy Hersom - Term expires 12/31/2017 - Presently serving as Director of Membership
Andy Riggs - Term expires 12/31/2017 - Presently serving as Treasurer
Jeff Rogers - Term expires 12/31/2017
Donald R. Ploetner II - Term expires 12/31/2016 - Presently serving as Director of Advertising
Robert Macaluso - Term expires 12/31/2016 - Presently serving as Secretary
BK Powell - Term expires 12/31/2016

Dr. J. Lawrence Jamieson is not a board member, however is presently serving as Vice President

Biographies of Nominees: In alphabetical order as they appear on the Official Ballet

Dr. J. Lawrence Jamieson:

It Takes One to Know One!

As an antique myself, my appreciation for antique wooden boats has grown over my lifetime and continues to be a passion for me.

I was raised on the water on Long Island and my family always had a wooden boat, many of them antiques. I owned my first boat at the age of seven and have had the privilege of owning many antique boats throughout my adult life, including my current 1932 twenty-one foot C-C Triple. It is a joy for me to share my interest in these classics with my family, which includes my wife, two sons, a daughter and five grandchildren.

One of the greatest honors in the “world of wooden boats” was to become the Head Judge for two years at the St. Michaels Antique and Classic Wooden Boat Show after performing as a Judge for two years.

With a PhD in Clinical Psychology, I was fortunate to have a thriving private practice for 39 years. I was also an adjunct professor at five colleges in DC and VA, the Clinical Director of a program for emotionally disturbed adolescents and an Executive Director of large psychiatric practice.

Now retired, I am lucky enough to live on a beautiful lake in central Maine from May to October and a stone’s throw away from the ICW in Wilmington, NC during the remaining months.

One goal I would like the board to focus on is to creatively draw younger boaters into the organization by developing programs that would allow antique boating to become a more viable option for younger members.

Tyson Konecny:

I have a best gal, a step son and a daughter of our own.
We reside on the West Coast of BC. Town called Langley, 25 mins, (if no traffic) from Vancouver

My earliest memories of boating are with my grandpa in Ontario, fishing on Graham Lake and the Rideau Canal in Smiths Falls. Later in life, I had a small 14' fiberglass, and in 2009, I bought my first CC. A 17' 1961 Ski Boat.

I am currently a director for the Okanagan chapter of the ACBS.

My vision for the club would be to keep making forward bounds as the club has been in the last years, with the acceptance of technology, and to keep progressing, and adapting as the years go by.

I want to ensure that the club reaches out to as many people as possible, and hopefully change the perception that you have to be retired and have sold 2 companies to own one of our boats. I mean obviously, there are many uber-expensive boats, as are there collector cars. But unlike cars, people don't know that you can get into an entry level boat for way less than a new plastic boat with many speakers.

Donald R. Ploetner II:

I was born and raised in New Jersey and have spent my entire life benefiting from the unending joys of water sports. Boating and swimming have helped make me the person I am today.

When I was twenty my family purchased a 1956 Chris Craft Capri which was my first wood boat and I have been showing and attending boat shows around the country ever since. I have been a judge for the past several years at the Lake Hopatcong Show, as well as judged the Clayton Boat Show.

I am a consultant by trade and work with people to solve problems that they are having.

I also have prior Board experience having served on the Sussex County Open Space Board, as well as, the Sussex County Solid Waste Advisory Council. I am affiliated with many ACBS Chapters around the country including Lake Hopatcong, Sunnyland, and North Lake Tahoe to name a few.

I have the time and drive that is needed to continue to make the Chris-Craft Club successful.
For, I am always willing to listen, to learn and to strive toward further perfection for everyone concerned.
Last edited by tkhersom on Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:14 am, edited 7 times in total.

JimF
Club Executive Team

Re: 2016 Board of Directors Election - Biographies of Nomine

Post by JimF » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:32 am

Just an addition to Troy's post. The board recently moved that the Editor of the Brass Bell should have an automatic place on the board. Therefore, Steve Griffitts will become a director on January 1, 2017. What this means is that, of the three candidates named by Troy, the two receiving the most votes will become directors.
1930 Chris-Craft Model 100 20' "MOXIE"
1940 Chris-Craft Red and White 25' "Old Paint"
1946 Chris-Craft Sportsman 25' "CinCity"

tkhersom

Re: 2016 Board of Directors Election - Biographies of Nomine

Post by tkhersom » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:37 am

Thanks Jim!

I forgot to mention that.

Happy Voting! :D
Troy in ANE - Former President CCABC

1957 CC 21' Continental "Yorktown" (Mom's boat)
https://www.chris-craft.org/boats/22625/
1985 Formula 242LS "Gottago"
1991 Formula 36PC "Band Aids"

Life Is Too Short To Own An Ugly Boat