Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

What it's all about

Every so often the executives of The Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club will pose a question asking for your thoughts. Or maybe you have something that you would like to share with us. Step up on the soap box here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

Bill Basler

What it's all about

Post by Bill Basler » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:27 pm

Well, it seems to be that time a year again. The time when all of us Northerners start preparing for the winter months. I'm hoping to get a good amount of work done on the barrelback this winter. It seems like I am in the midst of a long stretch with little progress.

The weather here in the midwest has been beautiful, although a bit erratic. We had a couple weeks of low 60s, and we have now returned to mid 80s and lower 90s. The leaves are starting to do their thing, and the shoreline areas are gorgeous.

I hope all of you in the South are continuing the enjoyment of this boating season.
Bill Basler

Al Benton
Club Executive Team

Post by Al Benton » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:48 pm

Bill, that's an incredible photo. Thanks. The trees are beginning to show a slight tinge of color here but nothing like that. It was 94 degrees today in St. Louis and felt more like August than October. There were large flocks of western pelicans flying north and a couple of eagles working their way south, oh, and a calendar page that needed turning that brings us back to reality though.

Al