Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Winter Storage

Winterizing? Summerizing? Covering? Trailering? If it is about a boat out of water put it here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

kcupido

Winter Storage

Post by kcupido » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:14 am

Yes Folks...
I said 'Winter Storage'.
Being that I just got my baby home from Bay City, Michigan (been trying since Sept. 07), I can now finally enjoy her each and every day! However, up here in Sault Ste. Marie, ON or MI, we have a unique problem that there is no full service marina in the immediate area. A 36' Constellation just can't be pulled from the water anywhere!
The closest I found was in Cedarville... several hours by boat, under 2 hours by car.
Any ideas from the good folks in this area? Maybe a boat yard I haven't found yet.
Thanks for any info you may have.
Keith

campjer

Post by campjer » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:26 pm

Keith,

You and me have been running the same race since day one. I too FINALLY just got my '61 32' Connie home 3-days ago... grew damn sick of driving 5+ hours every time I wanted to go see her.

Sadly I had to transport her by land as I'm too busy to make the journey... and sadly, the resulted in a bit of injury that saw what used to be my front bilge coming on every 30 minutes for 8 seconds to every 4 minutes for 10 seconds.

I've located her ouchie though and have ordered up some slick seam as well as another product that I'm not sure of the name... it's below the waterline, so I think I'm going to be doing some snorkeling this week as I'm already in slip at Cobourg, Ontario marina.

Even though she's hurt a little - she floats great and so long as I keep those batteries charged as a backup - I have little to worry about... at least now that she's home I can get things accomplished!

Keep me posted and good luck with finding a full-service solution!
Cheers,
Jeremy Campbell

Current Projects:
'61 32' Connie
'61 45' Connie (RIP)
'50 42' DCFB

Wet Dreams:
'61 57' Connie