Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

1957 Chris Craft Sedan

Are you in need of information regarding "the way it was?" Or are you are a walking "who's-who" of Chris-Craft history? Share what you don't know—or do know here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

PDXDave

1957 Chris Craft Sedan

Post by PDXDave » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:19 pm

Greetings to all. We recently acquired our first Chris Craft. It is a beautiful 1957 24' Sedan. I have so many questions I'm not sure where to start. I wonder if anyone might know if there is an archive where we might find an owner's manual? Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Don Vogt
Club Executive Team

Re: 1957 Chris Craft Sedan

Post by Don Vogt » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:10 am

congratulations and welcome to the buzz. I am sure you will find it most helpful. According to Jerry Conrad's book, Chris craft, the essential guide, there are 2 1957 24' "sedan" models, if you will. one is the semi-enclosed cruiser, with serial numbers starting at SE-24-001 and following, and the other is the sedan with fly bridge, with serial numbers starting with SC-24-001 etc.

I am not a cruiser guy but there are plenty here who may be able to give you more specific advice. Try researching in our archives here to see what material we have. Probably at least info on the engines. Not sure what if anything cc produced in the way of owners manuals, per se? There should be a hull card with the boat info at the mariner's museum in virginia, but unfortunately it is closed currently for remodeling, to open sometime later this year. It would give many details on original equipment, etc.

Are you in Portland, Oregon? (PDX) we have a chapter of the antique and classic boat society there, which is worth joining, along with the acbs nationally. You can check them out at acbs.org. I am sure by looking in the directory of members you will find others who have that model and can help answer your questions.

Why not post some pictures of your new boat? Good luck and have fun.
1938 Chris Craft 17' Deluxe Runabout "Jennifer II"