Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Can't get the dropdowns on the tool bar

Post your Boat Buzz technical questions here. We will do our best to respond to your questions in a timely manner.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

George Emmanuel

Can't get the dropdowns on the tool bar

Post by George Emmanuel » Sat May 11, 2013 5:53 pm

This is wierd. About a week ago when I log on, the drop downs on the opening page will not work. If I put the cursor over any of the headings, they turn green but nothing happens. Here is the wierd part: If I go to Woody Boater and click on any CCABC topic, it takes me to the topic and shows me as being logged on. I can then view any topic and the drop downs on the tool bar work perfectly. So I tried this: I went to CCABC via Woody Boater, once there I went to Home and decided to log out. It showed me as being logged out. So I closed Explorer, then reopened it and went to CCABC directly and it showed me as being logged in. I still cannot get the drop downs from the Home toolbar.

Any ideas? I did take my computer in for a checkup---nothing wrong. CCABC is the only site I'm having an issue with.

George

mattbyrne

Re: Can't get the dropdowns on the tool bar

Post by mattbyrne » Sat May 11, 2013 10:22 pm

Unfortunately the do not work very well with older version of Internet Explorer. What version are you using?

George Emmanuel

Post by George Emmanuel » Sun May 12, 2013 6:01 pm

I've got Windows 7, but I don't know what version of Explorer I have. I would think that Windows 7 is still current? Incidentally, I logged on this evening via WoodyBoater--still can't get there through CCABC

mattbyrne

Post by mattbyrne » Mon May 13, 2013 8:24 am

George please do me a favor go to ie and browse to the home page http://www.chris-craft.org/ then press F12 key on your keyboard. This should ring up a window at the bottom of the screen. Near the middle of the screen you will see some like "Browser Mode: IE10 Document Mode: Standard" Please let me know what appears on your computer after "Browser Mode" and "Document Mode"

George Emmanuel

Post by George Emmanuel » Mon May 13, 2013 9:14 am

It shows IE9 for both modes.

Thanks for taking interest in this!

George

George Emmanuel

Post by George Emmanuel » Sun May 26, 2013 7:27 pm

Since my last post, the header on the CCAB site has turned white and the drop downs are now workin! Can anyone explain what has happened? Whatever it is, I am grateful.