Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

roll up windows

Post your Boat Buzz technical questions here. We will do our best to respond to your questions in a timely manner.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

jay giese

roll up windows

Post by jay giese » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:49 pm

I am working on repairs to the roll up windows on my 1940 42foot DCEB, Some of the hardware was in place for the front two windows so I was able to modify parts made for a Ford model AA truck to get these to work. The two windows behind the doors on each side are missing all of the hardware. I was able to find a photo of what the regulator looked like but no information as to if this was a Chis Craft part or adapted from another application. I have worked out a way to make new regulators using a cogged belt however I am missing the window crank handles for these windows (still have them on the front two) I assume that Chris Craft used an automotive application, Any one have any idea what the application was? I would like to be able to match the front two. My windows were sealed shut years ago which most likely helped save the boat when it spent years in open moorage however as I intend to own the boat for many more years I keep it in covered moorage so I figure I may as well get the windows to work again.
Jay

Doug P

Re: roll up windows

Post by Doug P » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:17 pm

I am probably wrong (as usual)- but I think I remember they used Lincoln parts....(maybe ford)

maritimeclassics

Post by maritimeclassics » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:43 am

Do you have any pictures of the window regulators? I had to make 6 of them for a boat that I was restoring, maybe they are the same. Mike
Family member of Chris Craft founder
Owner of Maritime Classics
http://www.maritimeclassics.com
Ph# 231-486-6148

Restoration Projects:
1936 25' Gar Wood Custom
1947 Ventnor Hydroplane
1957 17' Deluxe Runabout
1948 25' Chris Craft Sportsman Twin
1959 19' Sliver Arrow Hull #75
1929 26' Chris Craft Custom Runabout
1937 25' Chris Craft Custom Runabout

jay giese

Post by jay giese » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:22 pm

I did not take pictures of the two on the front, the rear ones are the real issue as the windows are a lot larger and have more travel then automotive windows.
Jay