Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

1965 37' CC Constellation

Post your Boat Buzz technical questions here. We will do our best to respond to your questions in a timely manner.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

Schatzie

1965 37' CC Constellation

Post by Schatzie » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:09 pm

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the paint colors/manufacturers that I should be using when we repaint. The boat is all original. She has a white hull, with dark blue/black top stripe and bronze bottom paint. This year we are only planning on painting the bottom, but would like to plan for the future as well. Any help would be appreciated. Bev

Hull number CXC-37-0042H

joanroy

Re: 1965 37' CC Constellation

Post by joanroy » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:45 pm

Depends. If your paint is in good condition it's best to find out what's on it now and use the same brand and type. It should always be a oil or urethane based marine coating. If your paint is in bad shape it's all about the prep as I'm sure you know. I stripped my hull sides and bottom to bare wood. Primed and finished the bottom with Interlux ACT bottom paint. Primed the hull sides with Interlux pre coat and finished with Interlux Brightside white. The bottom gets sanded and repainted yearly, and the hull sides touched up yearly and sanded and repainted every four years. There are lots of other good marine brands out there. I keep my hull sides original white, bottom red, boot top ecru. I'm not a purest when it comes to bottom color. My boat is a 36. Happy Painting!