Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

comander SS

Post your Boat Buzz technical questions here. We will do our best to respond to your questions in a timely manner.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

deltakid

comander SS

Post by deltakid » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:04 am

Hello folks, Im a new member having just acquired a 69 Comander SS i just got it running after being told it had sat for 3 years replaced the water and the fuel pump but its sucking lots of crud from the tank.So the question is is there a way to polish the fuel thats in the tank or a way to get into the tank to clean it?any help wil be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jim

Chad Durren

Re: comander SS

Post by Chad Durren » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:52 pm

Welcome to the club and congrats on the rare find! I own the same model boat (hull #28). Mine is in project condition and the gas tank has been removed. I can tell you it is not an easy tank to reach. You have to remove the seats and cockpit trim, to remove the vinyl, to remove the screws that hold down the floorboards, to get at the tank. Since mine is being completely redone, I used a saw to get at it. :D

You have a pretty straight shot to the tank through the filler tube on the deck but I'm not sure how you would get the gunk out without using some type of vacuum.

Good luck. Show us some pics!
1952 CC 18' Sportsman
1969 CC 19' Commander Super Sport

tkhersom

Re: comander SS

Post by tkhersom » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:59 am

I don't know where you are located, but there is a fuel polishing service here in Maine.

http://www.mainefuelpolish.com/
Troy in ANE - Former President CCABC

1957 CC 21' Continental "Yorktown" (Mom's boat)
https://www.chris-craft.org/boats/22625/
1985 Formula 242LS "Gottago"
1991 Formula 36PC "Band Aids"

Life Is Too Short To Own An Ugly Boat