Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

New Chris Craft Owner-1966 Corsair, 175 Sport V Transdrive

If it doesn't pertain to metal, fiberglass, wire or fabric—but it is about classic fiberglass Chris-Crafts, ask your question or give your advice here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

[email protected]

New Chris Craft Owner-1966 Corsair, 175 Sport V Transdrive

Post by [email protected] » Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:29 pm

Hello all, I am a new Chris-Craft owner of a fiberglass 1966 Corsair Sport V Transdrive. Seems to be all original, including the trailer. I have the 225 V6 (Buick) It runs and drives beautifully and am taking it to a marine mechanics next month to give me a state of the mechanicals inspection and to winterize. Want to know what I have before I dive into spending money on refinishing.

I am looking to connect with other owners as I look to restore the cosmetics. Of note, most everything seems original, just needs cleaning/replacing. The one thing I am missing is the rear engine cover/hatch that was original to the boat. It had a cool air scoop on it I see from pictures. Any thoughts on getting that part/s? Would love to see some pictures of others similar boats.

Also interested i the assembly for the aft folding table and engine cover from inside the boat. The table is there, but not in good enough shape to duplicate perfectly. When the table is in the raised position, it leaves an open port to the engine and not sure if that is normal or not.

Thanks in advance. Hoping there are at least a few people out there who have this seemingly unusual boat and want to share.
Attachments
boat.jpg
Boat and trailer.jpg