Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

1977 walkthrough

If it doesn't pertain to metal, fiberglass, wire or fabric—but it is about classic fiberglass Chris-Crafts, ask your question or give your advice here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

jerobinson

1977 walkthrough

Post by jerobinson » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:18 am

I recently joined and have what I believe most of you would call a new boat. I have been told that there were 124 of these boats made and that it is a 20' sportsman. The Hull number is OREZ-20-99. I believe it was made in Holland, MI. The boat is in very good condition and I am trying to learn all I can about it. If anyone has any info I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Joel Robinson

Bill Basler

Post by Bill Basler » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:26 am

Joel, welcome to the Club and to Boat Buzz. we are starting to get a small group of you who have very similar hulls. Yours appears to be a newer version of the boat that Paul Pletcher has. He will be thrilled and I am sure he will chime in here.
Bill Basler

Flash

20' sportsman

Post by Flash » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:39 pm

Also new here and new 1978 owner. Boat is in the process of being stripped of all hardware for new imron paint job.
Motor is also froze up, looking at rebuilding original 305 GLV motor/270 volvo, what hp is this motor?
Also have a 290 hp. Holman Moody motor and Volvo set up looking at installing.
Is there any value issues on these newer boats by keeping the original motors.
-What cruise can be expected? Top end?
-Do these need trim tabs?
-How is bow running attitude? Will be removing fuel tank for restore and have option to relocate 1 foot forward in hull.
-Are there original spec sheets located on site?

Thanks for any help.

[/img]