Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

VERY Hot Tip, 20' fiberglass Corsair and Sea Skiff, in CT

If it doesn't pertain to metal, fiberglass, wire or fabric—but it is about classic fiberglass Chris-Crafts, ask your question or give your advice here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

Paul P
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, Cumberland River and Lake system

VERY Hot Tip, 20' fiberglass Corsair and Sea Skiff, in CT

Post by Paul P » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:05 pm

EDIT UPDATE: As of July 23, 2012 it is our understanding that both of the boats noted in the thread below have been saved from an uncertain end. Thanks to all who helped get the word out about these notable classic fiberglass boats. The remainder of this thread is left as it was originally posted.

Regards,
Paul

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello Chris Craft fans!

This is a public service announcement.

We have a situation here that needs the classic boat network to spring into action either directly or by word of mouth to other interested persons who may be able to take advantage of this situation on short notice. The cost is very low, considering I paid $3900 for the one I restored, $5300 by the time it arrived in Nashville from Medina, New York, and then I put another $10,000 or so into it, these boats are available for pennies on the dollar by comparison, but you will need a trailer and a few hundred bucks cash.

There are two (2) pretty rare 20’ fiberglass hulls sitting in a yard right now, needing to be sold prior to pending divorce action, etc. The boats are known by a regular and well known Chris Craft Forum Inc. member and Chris Craft Boat Club member whose main interest is like mine, to simply get these boats to appreciative owners who will give them the care they deserve.

Boats are located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts state line area.

BOTH ARE TRUE INBOARD MODELS.

The first boat under consideration is GUB-20-0010 which indicates it is NUMBER TEN of the Chris Craft Sea Skiff boats produced, which appears to make it a 1967 boat, making it the last one manufactured. This would be number ten of the ten produced in 1967. http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/c ... 0e6246.jpg

Second boat is ORA-20-0005-N, which makes this the NUMBER 5 twenty foot fiberglass hull ever produced, making it a 1965 model. This is the same basic hull that all the 20’ fiberglass Corsair and Sea Skiff boats got, but the upper deck on this boat is the very early style.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/c ... 8762c3.jpg

Here are both boats, the red and white hull is the number 5 Corsair, and the all white one is the last inboard fiberglass Sea Skiff ever produced, and this one was so late on the line it got the white gelcoat, just like the subsequent boats sold under the Corsair badge for one additional year.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/c ... 7ca47c.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/c ... 9825ef.jpg

Anyone interested in one or both of these early fiberglass collectable Chris Craft hulls, please contact Craig Judge at 860-281-4117. The word Craig received is the boats must go by this Sunday, so gentlemen, anyone out there able to move fast may be able to snag an interesting boat. This hull is just the same as the one I restored a few years ago, photo shown below. Since then we have seen several others being restored and it is safe to say we know every inch of this hull and can assist anyone who may be interested in doing a full restoration on these boats.

My boat shown below
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/ ... C01518.jpg
16 degree deadrise, smooth ride, lots of room inside, and lots of compliments everywhere we go .

regards,

Paul

(Neither Craig nor I have any financial interest in these boats, our goal is to get them out of jeapordy and to a collector or enthusiast who will give them the care they deserve).
Last edited by Paul P on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
1956 17' CC Sportsman, 300-hp
1957 17' CC Sportsman, 95-hp
1966 20' CC fiberglass Sea Skiff, 210-hp+
1973 23' CC Lancer inboard project, 427/375-hp.
1966 38' CC Commander Express, 427/300-hp(2)

So many boats.........so little time.....but what a way to go!!

Paul P

Here is another photo

Post by Paul P » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:38 pm

If I were anywhere near New England I would have both of these boats in my driveway NOW ! It is a long way from Tennessee, and I can only two one at a time! I sure hope someone gets these boats who will give them the care they deserve.

best,

Paul

Paul P

Post by Paul P » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:43 pm

Okay guys, don't anyone gripe about the cost of restoration boats, these are now FREE.

-----------> FREE <-----------

All we are trying to do is save them. Anyone in the neighborhood ??

regards,

Paul

contact me at [email protected] if you need help getting in touch with the contact points.

cobaltseas

Re: VERY Hot Tip, 20' fiberglass Corsair and Sea Skiff, in C

Post by cobaltseas » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:37 pm

hello, I have what I believe to be a 1966 chris craft corsair 20. hull id is ORCZ 20 0017N it has a CC model 225B engine with an engine number of 305058. the outdrive tag says made for CC by outboard motor corp. w matching 305058. it runs well but outdrive needs boot, seals & gaskets. I just wanted a lake erie boat, but when I discovered what this supposedly is, I would rather it go to someone who could better preserve it & the history it represents. or at least point me in the direction to properly restore this neat fiberglas boat.