Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Refab dash for XK's and finn parts for cobra's

If it's in the cockpit or in the cabin, post your questions and answers here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

spin

Refab dash for XK's and finn parts for cobra's

Post by spin » Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:47 pm

Spin here, I'm in Heartland Chaper in Oklahoma.Our club is realy geting into the XK world. Our club has about 12, XK18, XK19, Xk22's.
We have one of the very best fiberglass engeneers in the country in our club. Any thing to do with Fiberglass, is what his company does.
He owns an Xk 19. He has made a compleet mold for the finn and hatches from my 18 ft Cobra. He also has the molds for the dash of his 1969 XK19, and can make just about any hatches you need.
He does contract work for Space intustry and airplanes. He pulls compleet molds of air planes and helicopers for flight simulators. His name is Dan Diehel. He has a pashion for boats.
He is the guy to know if your needing help with your project boat.
Contact him at #1-918-299-4444 Day time. Spin

Bill Basler

Post by Bill Basler » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:48 pm

Is this Spin as in Steve Spinharny? For all other members you will see an interview with Steve in the Winter Brass Bell, which is now at the printer and in the mail very soon. It is an excellent, excellent issue. I know from don Ayers that there is a significant number of XKs down in OK. Must be something in the water as they say.

It's great to know about Mr. Diehel as well. I know that rustnrot was looking at a couple of different XK18s in different parts of the country. He picked up at least one of them, maybe both. Maybe he can jump back in here. As I recall, one of them was missing its back hatch. Maybe Mr. Diehel could help refab.
Last edited by Bill Basler on Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Basler

spin

Post by spin » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:27 am

Hay Bill! Yes, it is the one and only, Steve Spinharney!! Bill, thanks for the heads up, on the Brass Bell comming out. I can't wait to see the story about the Xk's.
I got my XK 18, first part of last year. I'm going to take my Jacuzzi jet off, and go though it real soon. It is such a fun boat to play on the water with!!! It tops out at about 55mph.
We have 12 or 13 Xk's, in our club. We have three of the 18's, and two of the 22's. The rest are 19's.
We open up a "Classic Glass", catigory at our boat show, this last year. It was a big hit with the show visitors. You will see a part of this new class at our show, in the Brass Bell's next issue. I hope ACBS membership, starts to see the potential for new members, in this growing class of boating. Spin