Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

rub rail

Bronze, stainless, chrome or steel. If you need information about the hardware on your classic fiberglass Chris-Craft, pose your questions here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

dave tuttle

rub rail

Post by dave tuttle » Thu May 20, 2010 10:25 pm

hello - i just posted this same question under the wooden boat section and now realized this fiberglass section might have been a better choice. question - i am looking for a NOS rub rail for my 1977 chris craft 17' super sport. any thoughts? thanks for your help. dave

Bill Basler

Post by Bill Basler » Fri May 21, 2010 9:28 pm

Can you post a photo of the rubrail. A nice closeup would be good. Some of the early fiberglass profiles are hard to match. I have searched high and low for a match for my 1964 Corsair. This rubrail is pretty custom I believe as I have not seen about boat Chris-Craft or otherwise with the same.

Taco (pronounced Take O) has quite a large selection of profiles.

Here is their aluminum line
http://tacomarine.com/cat--Aluminum--ca ... _trim.html
Bill Basler

dave tuttle

rub rail

Post by dave tuttle » Mon May 24, 2010 9:38 pm

Hello Bill. Thanks for your suggestion to post a photo of my rub rail. It might take a few days. I have viewed the Taco line and one offering could work. I will take some measurements of mine and the photo should also be of help when reviewing. Thanks again for your help.

Dave

dave tuttle

Post by dave tuttle » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:39 pm

hello bill - i wanted to post that the TACO company you mentioned had almost the exact match for my rub rail. the aluminum rail appears to be the same as the original however the profile of the vinyl insert is a little different. (TACO part # A 11-0317) it should work fine. thanks again for your help.
dave

Bill Basler

Post by Bill Basler » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:52 pm

Awesome. Glad to help.
Bill Basler