Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Silver Arrow Parts/Moulds

Repair, or reconstruction. Gelocat or structural fiberglass. If it's hull related, you'll find it here

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

Al Damiani

Silver Arrow Parts/Moulds

Post by Al Damiani » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:56 am

I have a mould for the Silver Arrow Engine cover and cowlings, This mould was professionally made from the engine cover and cowlings of my 59 silver arrow with the "283".(had it made for the missing cover on My 58 silver arrow)If any member of the CCABC needs this for their restoration I will lend it to you (NO CHARGE) except for shipping both ways.Cover is located in Western NY state (Buffalo).

Al Damiani
[email protected]

retro

hole in engine cover.

Post by retro » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:26 pm

al,
My SA engine cover has a round vent hole in top above the carburetor and is covered by a bolt on Aluminum vent. The previous owner must have had some reason for doing this and I am not certain if or how I could correct it.
Do you know of any reason this could have been done? The engine is a 312 Interceptor with what looks like a Carter 4V with a flame arrestor on top.
If I wanted to do away with the hole in the f/g engine cover (a 5 in circle) how would I do that.javascript:emoticon(':?:')
Thanks,
John

Al Damiani

Post by Al Damiani » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:38 pm

John,
I have no idea why that vent would be in there.(unless the manifold was changed for a down draft carb on that motor)The hole can be patched by any fiberglass repair person.

Al