Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Sea Skiff interior panelling

Leather, Tolex or Russaloid. Linoleum or black rubber matting. If it's in the cockpit or in the cabin, post your questions and answers here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

rjtipple

Sea Skiff interior panelling

Post by rjtipple » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:21 am

I'm renovating my 1963 CC Sea Skiff Sportsman. I understand that originally the inside of the hull was covered by something called white wickerboard. I haven't been able to locate such a product and would like some suggestions for an alternative. Mahogany is out of the question because of cost. Has anyone successfully used fiberglass reinforce plastic paneling? It is used in showers and is fairly flexible so it should conform to the shape of the ribs.
Bob Tipple
Attachments
IMG_1221.JPG
Interior of 62 CC Sea Skiff

Jim Bell

Re: Sea Skiff interior panelling

Post by Jim Bell » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:33 am

Hi Bob, They are really just 1/4" fiber hardboard with an embossed pattern. These are mine from my 24' Sea Skiff restoration that I just finished the last coat of paint on. I am sure you can use what they sell at the home centers. Cutting them to fit may be a challenge as each panel is a different shape. Good luck, Jim.
Attachments
IMG_20150314_103703.jpg

rjtipple

Re: Sea Skiff interior panelling

Post by rjtipple » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:13 pm

Thanks Jim,
I thought about fiber hardboard but was concerned about moisture damaging them over time. I am making patterns for the pieces with builders paper which is pretty handy.
Bob