Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

1970 17ft ski boat looking for info

Are you in need of information regarding "the way it was?" Or are you are a walking "who's-who" of Chris-Craft fiberglass boats? Share what you don't know—or do know here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

chrisscraft

1970 17ft ski boat looking for info

Post by chrisscraft » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:08 pm

Wondering where my 1970 17ft ski boat with 327Q engine was made? Done some research and sounds like there was only 100 of these models made. I am new to the site today. So i hope I'm in the right place. Any help would be great. Thanks.

quitchabitchin

Re: 1970 17ft ski boat looking for info

Post by quitchabitchin » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:44 pm

The '69 and '70 were virtually the same except for a few things.

The '69 is a Cavalier and the '70 is a Corsair division boat. There were 100 in '69 and 53 in '70. There are some subtle differences such as a 1 piece vs. 3 piece windshield, the rear vents are located in different places, the dash is different and in '70, they only offered a 327Q, not the 327 and 307 as they did in '69.

Look at the Hull Registry and Wiki for plenty of info. I just finished 1969 hull #49. Send me a message or call with any questions about it, I've been through every inch of mine and would be glad to help.

Andy
FLASH1969 Chris Craft Cavalier Ski-230 HP 327Q

CCABC Board of Directors Member

chrisscraft

Re: 1970 17ft ski boat looking for info

Post by chrisscraft » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:19 am

Thanks Andy any info i can get is use full. I was reading about the hull numbers and sounds like mine is number 38. I'm pretty sure it a 1970 it has a whole different dash then the ones I've seen on the internet, and it has a white racing stripe down the middle. I bought this boat about five years ago and never really got into it until this last year. Found it at a marina had been sitting for some years due to the original owner passing away. Its in pretty good shape all original except the tach and rear light. And everything still works pretty amazing. Any how I've been trying to figure out what this boat is worth but seems like no one has a clue about these old boats. That's why i joined the club, seems like there is a lot of knowlegable people here. Do you have any clue what this is worth or can you point me in the right direction? Thanks Again.

Chris