Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

helping a club member

This is a general discussion area for those who are interested in Chris-Craft's connection with Riva, the legendary Italian boat marque.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

dragonfly

helping a club member

Post by dragonfly » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:05 am

Good evening all. I was speaking to a friend and club member today. As our economy brings people to further depths of financial ruin,I am reminded that its not just the Joe Everyman but other successful people as well. Iknow its hard to screw up any sympathy for broke lawyers and doctors and such, but here goes. This gentleman friend of mine called practically in tears because just about all his savings,retirement and investments are GONE.I don't know all the details but this man is genuinly one of the good ones who got absolutly wiped out. If you know of any one who would be interested in a Riva Ariston, he has one for sale. I'm not sure of the year, I'll get back to you on that. He's had it for 30+ years on Grand Lake in Colorado..Boat house kept in the summer and stored inside on it's original cradle in the winter. Meticulusly maintaned w/ all original interior and engine. He also has some of the Riva toys that go with, like the Riva unberella etc. He is asking 100k, which from what I understand is about 2/3 of what its worth. Let me Know if any one is interested. Thanx Peter.
1955 18'CC Sea Skiff & 1959 18' Mercury Sabre

Don Ayers
Club Executive Team

Post by Don Ayers » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:10 am

Peter;

Thanks for the post. The best suggestion would be to place the boat on our Tradingdock.org site for sale with pictures.

you hate to see anyone have to sell under duress but perhaps if he puts the right price on it then it will sell quickly.

Pls lets us know when it is on Trading dock.

Thanks

BTW, I have been to Grand Lake, CO and it is awesome!
Don Ayers
1959 Riva Ariston
www.RivaForum.org
www.barrelback.com

Don Ayers
Club Executive Team

Post by Don Ayers » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:06 pm

Dragonfly;

I heard that Riva Ariston in CO sold. Is that correct?
Don Ayers
1959 Riva Ariston
www.RivaForum.org
www.barrelback.com

dragonfly

riva

Post by dragonfly » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:54 pm

I'm not sure, I'll have to ask. I'll get back to you.
1955 18'CC Sea Skiff & 1959 18' Mercury Sabre