Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Thompson Boat Rally

This is a general discussion area for those who are interested in Chris-Craft's connection with the legendary marque, Thompson.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

Thommyboy

Thompson Boat Rally

Post by Thommyboy » Sun May 26, 2013 7:29 am

It's soon time for the Thompson Antique & Classic Boat Rally. It takes place Saturday 22 June 2013 at Nestegg Marine in Marinette, WI. NO judging and NO awards. It's a great low key event to go for boat rides, chat with fellow enthusiasts, eat cheese and brats and drink beer, meet the guys that built the boats, have fun.

Open to any and all vintage watercraft with emphasis on Thompson; Cruisers, Inc.; T & T Boats; Grady-White Boats; Thompson Royal-Craft; Thompson by Chris-Craft; Chris-Craft Corsair; Shawano Boats; Thompson Skis; etc...

$20.00 fee to display a boat.

Free and open to the public.

http://thompsonboat.webs.com/

Andreas Jordahl Rhude

Thommyboy

Re: Thompson Boat Rally

Post by Thommyboy » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:10 pm

One week until the Thompson Boat Rally. Plenty of room for additional watercraft. Come join the fun!

You do not have to own a Thompson et.al. to participate.

Andreas

iamallthumbs

Post by iamallthumbs » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:24 pm

Since it looks like the ice will be gone from Wisconsin by next weekend, I plan on attending with my Thompson.
M~
Mike D.

1947 CC Deluxe Runabout R-17-413 BOOMER (user boat)
1947 CC Deluxe Runabout R-17-872 ZOOM-ZOOM (project boat)
1965 25' Folkboat SALTY DOG (lapstrake sailboat)
Barn with room for more boats!

Thommyboy

Post by Thommyboy » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:17 am

As of today, 33 boats pre-registered. I expect another 5 - 10 to just show up unannounced. Woot Woot!!

There will be one, ah hmmm, Chris-Craft at the Thompson Boat Rally. I promise I will not relegate them to the back 40. The boat and owner will be treated with respect. ;)

Saturday 22 June 2013 hours 8 to 5 the show is free and open to the public. In-water boat parade about 4 PM (weather permitting) down the Menominee River into the big waters of Green bay over to the Menominee, MI marina and then back

Rally location is at Nestegg Marine, 300 Wells Street, Marinette, WI 54143. It is on the river just below the Interstate Bridge, before you get to Michigan.

Come one, come all and join the fun!

Andreas
[email protected]

Thommyboy

Post by Thommyboy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:06 pm

One of the 35 watercraft displayed at the Thompson Boat Rally. She's a 1964 T & T Boats, Inc. 18 ft. Breakers. My brother John and his daughter Anika are pictured. The clan has had the boat since new and she is enjoyed now by the third generation of the Rhude family

Thommyboy

Post by Thommyboy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:08 pm

Thompson Boat Rally sugar fix. Great cake!!!