Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Blessing of the Fleet

Where do you like to visit? Who has the best show venue? How about the best funnel cakes? Ask your questions and get the answers from our worldwide network of experts.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

Al Benton
Club Executive Team

Blessing of the Fleet

Post by Al Benton » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:43 pm

Here's a fun annual event on the Mississippi River that literally hundreds of boaters participate in year after year. Our ACBS Chapter will be well represented with 7 or 8 Classic Chris-Craft cruisers.

Al

Dick Baner

Blessing of the fleet

Post by Dick Baner » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:30 am

Al, I will plan to be there next year with my new/old Chris SeaStrake cruiser. We are moving it from North Carolina next week (I hope) and I am busily buying parts for it. The fellow who owned it for 25 plus years seems to have taken great care of it leaving me not a whole lot of fixing. My sea skiff is now for sale as I just got a smaller Carver classic for "running about"
1967 33' Chris Craft SeaStrake
"Wave Toucher III,
1965 18' Carver Captain I/O "Wave Toucher II
1974 12' Alcort Minifish,
1973 15' Chrysler Mutineer "Wind Toucher"

Al Benton
Club Executive Team

Post by Al Benton » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:44 am

Dick, welcome into the Cruiser Family of Classic Chris-Crafts. We look forward to seeing you here next year.

Our ACBS Chapter is seriously considering moving our Boat Festival to August next year. The river levels are much more cooporative then. If it were the week before or after The Blessing of the Fleet weekend you could plan to be here for that as well. That would be fantastic.

We had 14 classic cruisers at our Festival (74 boats in all) in June and expect even more next year. The cruisers ranged is size from 27' to 58' and 11 of them were Chris-Crafts. Three other Chris-Craft cruiser owners joined our Chapter and promise to have theirs at the Festival next year.

Our Chapter has 2 active members from the Peoria area, consider joining us too. We have more fun than you can shake a paddle at.

Al

Al Benton
Club Executive Team

Post by Al Benton » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:23 am

For the first time since we've owned the cruiser, we participated in the 52nd Annual Blessing of the Fleet & Boat Parade this year. Here's a feed to the article: Stltoday.com
The first feed-back comment isn't too supportive of the event.

Here's a couple of pic's my wife took.

"Our Lady of the Rivers" was waist deep in The Flood of '93.
A small sampling of the boats on hand. Amazing sight.
Al