Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Delta Wooden Boat Festival

Where do you like to visit? Who has the best show venue? How about the best funnel cakes? Ask your questions and get the answers from our worldwide network of experts.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

jahearne

Delta Wooden Boat Festival

Post by jahearne » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:16 am

Newly opened Gliedt's Boat Shop at Perry's Boat Harbor is having a Wooden Boat Festival.

http://www.gliedt.com/boat/festival.html

Last minute notice, but I thought it was just going to be a few friends checking out the new shop. It's actually a festival that I'm hoping will be a yearly thing.

http://www.perrysboatharbor.com/perrys-boat-harbor.html

It's in Isleton off the Mokeulmne River. With only one coat of varnish on the transom, we'll be there along with a '42 Hunter & '40 Mathews - part of the gang from Taylor Slough, Bethel Island.

Take care,
John
John & Wendy

Take Time

Short Notice

Post by Take Time » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:07 pm

Might try to make it down for this one. Dockage sounds limited, so I would be on four wheels.

Rob

jahearne

Show pictures

Post by jahearne » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:03 pm

Hi Rob,
We could have found somebody in a tender to pick you up if you had to drop anchor in the channel. I'm sure the dock master would have squeezed you in.

Here's a couple of photos, mostly Centurys:

A Philbrick

Beautiful Stephens

A Rockholt

Finally, a Chris-Craft

There were more as you can see in the background

I believe my wife's purpose for these pictures is for our 13 year old son who couldn't make the show and not our's. She didn't get pictures of our boat! nor of our friends' boats: Rob's Mathews, Joey's Hunter - both 40 footers, or Kieth's '56 Chris-Craft on the hard waiting restoration. Maybe they got pictures...

John & Wendy