Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Clayton Antique Race Boat Regatta ???!!!

Where do you like to visit? Who has the best show venue? How about the best funnel cakes? Ask your questions and get the answers from our worldwide network of experts.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

Bill John

Clayton Antique Race Boat Regatta ???!!!

Post by Bill John » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:27 pm

After several years of hard running on the Vintage Race Boat Circuit and the constant use on beautiful Lake Winnipesaukee, our recent project Compulsion is now back in the shop for some TLC. The boat has been running very well, but it was time for a complete survey, lots of bolt tightening and of course, lots of polishing. We are getting to run at the Antique Race Boat Regatta at Clayton. At Clayton in 2008 we ran heats of 5 Gar Wood Speedsters, and we have more signed up this summer!!!

August 12-15, 2010

Here is the link for details & registration form:
http://www.vintageraceboatshop.com/Clayton2010.htm

Bill John
Vintage Race Boat Shop
603-569-5824 (Shop Phone)
http://www.vintageraceboatshop.com

Stovebolt

Post by Stovebolt » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:58 pm

Being that I live so close to Seattle, I have been able to watch live hydro racing from Seafair for as long as I can remember. At least scince the days of the late Bill Muncie and Dean Chenowith. On the last Saturday of Seafair, they have the old Thunderboats take to the lake again, and those Allisons and Merlins roar. I have always wanted to go, but have never had the chance.

Sorry for the ramblings on, but man, that sure looks like a fun weekend! I hope you get lots of pictures an post em up for us who have a week spot for the old front engine hydros.
1961 Chris Craft 17' Ski Boat
1973 15.6' Hourston Glasscraft