Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

CYA Old Fashioned Days In The Park July 24, 2011

Where do you like to visit? Who has the best show venue? How about the best funnel cakes? Ask your questions and get the answers from our worldwide network of experts.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

Murph

CYA Old Fashioned Days In The Park July 24, 2011

Post by Murph » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:15 pm

The southern California Classic Yacht Association is having their 35th Annual "Old Fashioned Days In the Park" classic boat and car show at Burton Chase Park in Marina Del Rey, ca July 24 from 10am to 3pm.
Come tour the Classic boats and view the classic cars.
Burton Chase Park 13650 Mindanao Way Marina Del Ray, ca

If you would like to attend with your Classic Boat or Car contact Christine Rohde at [email protected] or PM me.

thanks
Murph
Murph lll
1960 36' Connie "Camelot"
1966 55' Baglietto "Arrivederci"

Murph

Post by Murph » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:28 pm

A very nice day in the Park.
Here's an article:
http://marinadelrey.patch.com/articles/ ... l-rey-park
Murph lll
1960 36' Connie "Camelot"
1966 55' Baglietto "Arrivederci"

Al Benton
Club Executive Team

Post by Al Benton » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:32 pm

Murph,

Thanks for the report and for sharing that great article. The writer, Alaena Hostetter seems to catch on to the spirit that some of us classic cruiser "stewards" seen to posses toward our old treasures. The CYA (Classic Yacht Association) is doing a great service in keeping the history of yachting alive and well in Southern California. I enjoyed the article very much.

When I saw the topic title I was thinking of another acronym for CYA and wondered momentarily, "what on earth...?", an acronym that applies to the methods that some of us use to keep these treasures afloat. In reality, I believe that most of us think of ourselves as Drew Miser does, as stewards (rather than owners) of these old treasures for a while for future generations to enjoy.

Thanks Again,

Al