Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Sicamous Antique and Classic Boat Show!

Where do you like to visit? Who has the best show venue? How about the best funnel cakes? Ask your questions and get the answers from our worldwide network of experts.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

Stovebolt

Sicamous Antique and Classic Boat Show!

Post by Stovebolt » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:43 pm

This is the 1st annual Antique and Classic boat show. We are super stoked on this show! It's being put on by the Okanagan Antique and Classic Boating Society, in partnership with the town of Sicamous.

Anyway, its open to everything wood, and fiberglass, I believe up to about 1974. But I don't think thats a solid cap, especially if it's a cool boat.

Anyway questions, feel free to contact me, or the contact on the brochures.

Hope to see you there!

1961 Chris Craft 17' Ski Boat
1973 15.6' Hourston Glasscraft

mfine

Post by mfine » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:17 pm

Darn! My phone says you are 2493.3 miles away which is a bit more tha I want to drive with a boat in tow.

Al Benton
Club Executive Team

Post by Al Benton » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:38 pm

After visiting your Ocanagan Chapter, ACBS web site and seeing the slide shows of The Shuswap and the town of Sicamous I want to get in my car and drive. What an incredibly beautiful place. Sure wish I could be there. Best wishes on your Show.

Al

Oberon01

Post by Oberon01 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:11 am

It is a long tow for many, especially Mfine and Al! For me, it is three miles by water and three blocks from my storage place.

The show is meant to be a fun, non-judged event and it is open to anyone with a cool boat that wants to get out and enjoy it. We don't care what it is made of or even what year it is - if it's neat, we'd love to see it here. We are hoping to portray the hobby as it really seems to exist - that being many ordinary folks actually out using and enjoying their boats, not just a few highly restored show-level boats. From nothing, we now have about 40 boats confirmed - that is a good start and shows me as an organizer that there is plenty of interest in this hobby within our region. We have everything from a Riva to a Dippy!It is very encouraging.

We are fortunate to have some fantastic boating here, amongst gorgeous scenery. And Al, if you do make it sometime, dinner is on me!
1926 Mullins 16' Outboard Special
1940 CC 19'Custom
1946 Gar Wood 22' 6" Sedan
1946 16' Peterbrough Falcon
1947 CC 16' Special Runabout
1947 Chris Craft 22' Sportsman
1948 CC 25' Sportsman Sedan
1959 Feather Craft Islander Express Cruiser
1961 CC 21' Continental
1965 Glastron Futura 500 V -164
1965 CC Sea Skiff 24'

mfine

Post by mfine » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:27 am

Three miles from Calgery? You must have bigger miles up there!

That is an absolutely beautiful area and I am sure it will be a great weekend for those who can make it.

Al Benton
Club Executive Team

Post by Al Benton » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:18 am

Paul, thanks for the dinner offer. I may take you up on that next year. With a whole year to plan, we could probably pull it off. Karen and I have dreamed of visiting that part of Canada and this would be a perfect setting (boat show for me, amazing scenery and history for Karen).

Stovebolt

Post by Stovebolt » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:10 pm

Al, you may move here. 8)

Mfine, we have huge miles here in Canada, what with the conversion, n duties. But truthfully, Paul can see the show area from his porch, which is about 3 miles away by water.

The fact is we are so lucky we live in an area like this. At the right time of year, you can go wake boarding or water skiing during the day, and snow boarding at night. Well, here on the coast, anyway.

I'll have my camera there and I'll post picks. I'm sure they will entice more to come from farther! :wink:

Stovebolt

Post by Stovebolt » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:14 pm

For those who'd like to see where we are talking about, here is the link to the slide show.

http://www.shuswapcbs.com/

2010 Rendevous is the gathering from last year that led to this years show.

Enjoy!!

Stovebolt

Post by Stovebolt » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:14 pm

*BUMP* for good times this weekend!

Al Benton
Club Executive Team

Post by Al Benton » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:44 pm

Tyson, thanks for the "Bump". After spending half the hot day detail sanding on the cruiser at the river marina and the other half doing yard work the slide show was a very pleasant break. A great way to cool down and dream of being there.

For a while I thought maybe it was the pleasant music that stirred my emotions. I turned the volume down and still became overwhelmed with the beauty and history of The Shuswap, the beautiful town of Sicamous and the amazing views in every direction.

All I can say is "WOW!".

Stovebolt

Post by Stovebolt » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:12 pm

Al, it was an awsome weekend! Truley the hilight of my summer fum. And I am saddened that it is over for another year. But man o man, lemme tell you, when 15 boats go cruising past all the cabins, and the people are losing their minds as we blow by at full throttle...........there is nothing like it.

Man, I'm getting all worked up again.......

And again, special thanks goes out to Paul and Karen Harrison, and others who also pitched in, (the Harrisons would know thier names better than me), because without thier hard work, this weekend wouldn't have happened.

You all will see the pictures soon enough! :D

mfine

Post by mfine » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:26 pm

Stovebolt wrote:
You all will see the pictures soon enough! :D
What are you talking about? Soon enough? Its Thurday, the pictures are 4 days late and counting! Also, don't forget the videos, we want motion and SOUND!

Stovebolt

Post by Stovebolt » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:13 pm

You are so right! problem was I have the pictures of the weekend on my laptop, which was dead, and I thought I left the charger up at Pauls. Late last night though, I found it, and got to charging it overnight. So tonight I will DL the video of Paul and Karen launching their 1948 Sportsman Sedan.

Hummina hummina.........Image

And I will also post up the pix from the show and from the Sunday cruise around the lake!

I promise!

Well, I'll try to get it all on, anyway.......Image
Last edited by Stovebolt on Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Al Benton
Club Executive Team

Post by Al Benton » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:40 pm

Tyson, good to hear that the show went well. I look forward to seeing the photos of all the boats and people that were there.

Well, if things work out I would love to be there for all of the fun next summer. My only time in Canada was in Northern Ontario in the bush country. It has some beautiful lakes but doesn't compare to beauty of The Shuswap and the surrounding area.

Al