Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Algonac 2015

Where do you like to visit? Who has the best show venue? How about the best funnel cakes? Ask your questions and get the answers from our worldwide network of experts.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

quitchabitchin

Algonac 2015

Post by quitchabitchin » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:07 pm

I am planning on attending the show this year and am looking for lodging recommendations. Algonac doesn't seem to have much, which direction is best to go? Port Huron, Northern Detroit, etc?

Has anyone stayed at the Blue Water Inn? How far is it to the show?

Will there be any show specific accomadations? Any help is appreciated.
FLASH1969 Chris Craft Cavalier Ski-230 HP 327Q

CCABC Board of Directors Member

evansjw44

Re: Algonac 2015

Post by evansjw44 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:15 pm

I think the Blue Water Inn is the former Thomas Edison Inn just under the Blue Water Bridge. Its a nice place, or used to be under its former name, but its a hike from Algonac on Michigan M25. Scenic, but a hike. You would do better looking around I94 at 26 Mile Rd or 23 Mile Rd. I don't think there's anything at all in Algonac. Michigan M25 runs along the river and then turns east-west to connect with I94.
Jim Evans

greglewand

Post by greglewand » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:40 am

Contact me via e-mail ([email protected]) and I can send you some info on lodging for our Algonac show.

Greg Lewandowski

quitchabitchin

Post by quitchabitchin » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:51 pm

With the show less than a week away, I invite any and all CCABC Members to stop by and see me and my son at the CCABC Tent. I am serving this weekend as an ambassador and will be promoting the club and recruiting new members. If anyone wants to work an hour or two with me, you are all welcome. If not, drop by and say hello.

Andy Riggs

Doug P

Post by Doug P » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:51 pm

Andy, I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Mt Clemens. Enjoyed the drive to and from Algonac. About 35 miles.

quitchabitchin

Post by quitchabitchin » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:12 pm

Thanks for the recommendation Doug. I got a room at the Anchor Inn, not too far away from the show. I don't think its the Ritz Carlton, but my 7 year old says he is excited because he's only stayed in Hotels, never a Motel.

I can't wait for this show. It's looking like a big turnout.

ClassOf56

Post by ClassOf56 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:23 am

Yes, it should be a great show! I am really looking forward to it.

I am fairly local and will be around for most of the festivities. If anyone needs anything, please let me know.

A few years ago (before I had a wooden boat), I went to this same show and someone was displaying a boat heavily into the restoration phase, mostly disassembled. It left an impression with me, and I probably spent an hour looking at it and understanding how everything fit and worked together in the skeleton of the boat.

Since I am getting my boat ready to flip and have stripped out much of the drivetrain and interior, I decided to 'return the favor' and display my 18' Continental in that same sad state this year.

Please stop by and introduce yourself. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on what I need to do, what needs to be replaced, what can be saved, etc. The goal is to make it a 'daily driver' around the local area, and kept in a bunk style boat lift over the water. I want it to look very original to the casual observer, but "better than" with a 5200 bottom, an updated 350 engine, etc. The boat name is "Class of '56" on the transom, and my name is Steve.

I will have access to most tools if anyone needs anything during the show. The one thing I don't have is a prop puller, so if someone could help me pull the prop during the weekend, I would be grateful. I didn't realize that this would have been easier prior to pulling the engine, so that may be a problem. I did get the nut off and soak it with PB Blaster.

Thanks in advance,
Steve A
1956 18' Chris-Craft Continental