Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Riviera Engine Space Floor

Framing, planking and fairing. Repair, or reconstruction. If it's hull related, you'll find it here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

Riviera Wish

Riviera Engine Space Floor

Post by Riviera Wish » Tue May 23, 2017 10:21 am

Restoring a 1952 Riviera and have a few questions about the floor boards in the engine space:
How long are the floor boards?
Do the floor boards butt-up against the stringers?
Do the engine space vent tubes penetrate the floor boards? Are the floor boards notched for the vent air flow?
Are the floor boards only fastened to the frames at the corner locations?
Where is the leading edge of the floor board(s) relative to the frame under the front engine mount(s)? Does it overlap the frame?

The floor boards that came with my disassembled Riviera are much longer than a friend's Riviera floor boards and I'm trying to reconcile the difference. Any help would be appreciated.

Howard Lehman

Re: Riviera Engine Space Floor

Post by Howard Lehman » Sat May 27, 2017 11:52 am

Hi. A couple of weeks back on Woody Boater, there was a feature story about a Riviera that is completely original. I suggest you contact Dave Bortner of Freedom Boat Services in Minnesota. His website has a gallery of boats for sale, and there are quite a few photos of that boat. A very good guy. I'm restoring a 20' Riviera now, am applying the 4th coat of varnish today. Good luck with your Riviera. Howard

Riviera Wish

Post by Riviera Wish » Sun May 28, 2017 10:18 am

Thanks Howard.

dreed

Post by dreed » Sun May 28, 2017 2:50 pm

On my 18' Rivera they are 28" long by 7 1/2" wide ( two on each side). They do but up against the stringer. No cut out for the vent tubes. There is a hole in one for the auto bailer. They are held in place by six screws. For some reason my laptop wont let me save the pictures. If you want to send me a PM with your cell phone or e-mail address I can forward them to you that way.
1953 CC Riviera 18-R-927