Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Searching Hull Identification

Although not a Division, this area is for information unique to Chris-Craft Constellations.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

Oldschool

Searching Hull Identification

Post by Oldschool » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:19 am

I am working at a full restoration of a Chris Craft Constellation. I am searching for additional information about the original build of this boat. The hull identification number is CD-30-207, does anyone know where I could find this information?
Brad

Al Benton
Club Executive Team

Re: Searching Hull Identification

Post by Al Benton » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:20 am

There may be some catalogs and/or brochures in our Online Archive. Contact The Mariners' Museum at http://www.marinersmuseum.org/library/#chris-craft to order a Research Package for your cruiser. It will include a copy of the original hull card along with other information, including a list of original drawings that you can purchase. Well worth the fee.

Here's a tip for using the Online Archive. You must be logged in to view the Archive. Rather than using the "Search" feature, click on "Browse the Entire Archive". Then click on "Marketing Literature". Scroll down to 1957 and look for "1957 - 28' Sedan and 30' Constellation Spec Brochure". That's your cruiser.
Al
Member - Executive Team

srlittin

Re: Searching Hull Identification

Post by srlittin » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:55 pm

Brad
Also look at the previous posting on Cockpit floor, as this is our boat, CD-30-233. email or pm me for other info. I have a lot of pictures and info as to the repairs on our boat. No doubt you will be crossing the same bridges.
Which part of the country are you?

Steve Littin