Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

1959 40' Connie Mast Questions

Although not a Division, this area is for information unique to Chris-Craft Constellations.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

BrokenRule2

1959 40' Connie Mast Questions

Post by BrokenRule2 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:35 am

Hello All.
Working on my mast and it has been modified from what I can tell; metal tube:
The base on the boat has two horns but no wiring to them. I've got a small set of wires for the nav lights and heavy set for the mast light.
On the 32' we have this type of light was on the front bow rail and the anchor light was on the top of the mast. I hope this mast has this light in the correct place.

However, out of the top of this light in the mast is a wood pole that holds the yard arm cable. I cannot find a location for the anchor light - but I've got a switch!!! My guess is there should be a another section of pole with an anchor light??? But then were is the wire for the anchor light?

Any help would be great as I cannot figure out what is going on with how it should be compared to how it was modified.

I guess someone could have added the horns without wiring them just because they look good. Sorry, don't have photo of the horns as they are on the boat.

My plan is to repaint this brown and make it work. Worse case is I can add a anchor light to the top of the cabin.

Thanks in advance.
1959 40' Connie "Lucky Girl" saga of a free boat!

tkhersom

Re: 1959 40' Connie Mast Questions

Post by tkhersom » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:08 am

I have not seen that light before, but it does look like it is made for that location.

This picture shows the running light at the bow and the anchor light on the mast of American Beauty. A 1958 38' Connie.
ModDSC06995.jpg
And here are what her horns look like.
CompDSC07015.jpg

Hopefully Jim Staib (AKA drrot) will chime in with all the minute details about your light. :D
Troy in ANE - Former President CCABC

1957 CC 21' Continental "Yorktown" (Mom's boat)
https://www.chris-craft.org/boats/22625/
1985 Formula 242LS "Gottago"
1991 Formula 36PC "Band Aids"

Life Is Too Short To Own An Ugly Boat

BrokenRule2

Re: 1959 40' Connie Mast Questions

Post by BrokenRule2 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:33 am

Surfing the web and eBay I found what was original and missing. Found the missing anchor light mast extension on the boat. The jetson light is missing so I'll have to make do else ways. Repainted the mast and cross arms brown, removed the paint from the anchor light. Here is the finished product.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1136153585 ... 4560563810

https://picasaweb.google.com/1136153585 ... 5384907410

I'm having problems posting photos and don't know why...

1959 40' Connie "Lucky Girl" saga of a free boat!