Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

58 Connie Bow light wiring question

Your old Chris-Craft electrical system can be a challenge. If it runs on "juice" pose your questions and offer your advice here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

bobbystone

58 Connie Bow light wiring question

Post by bobbystone » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:35 pm

The Bow light on our 58 Connie isn't working and I'm trying to trace the circuit back to find the fault. Am I correct in that the bow light should be on the same switch as the red/green nav lights and NOT on the switch as the anchor light? The light I'm speaking of is on the point of the chrome railing just below the burgee staff.

Also, anyone have any tips for tracing dead circuits?

Thanks!

Bobby Stone
1958 48' Constellation
Twin 454's with Paragon Transmissions
Hull No. : X-48-107

Tom Kenny

Post by Tom Kenny » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:04 am

Bob, on my Connie the Bow light is wired into the port and starboard navigation lights. The switch for the “Anchor Light” only operates the top most light (360 degrees) above the wheelhouse.

I am not sure what you mean when you say “tracing dead circuits”. If you mean what breaker on the service panel controls and supplies power to a particular wire then the procedure that I have followed is to turn every breaker off. Next, connect you multi-meter to the wire in question. Then one at a time turn every breaker On and then Off and check the reading on your meter.

If after testing every breaker and still not getting a reading then there is a break in the line. If that is the case then you need to trace the line back to it’s beginning.

Tom Kenny
Independence - ftkltd.com
Tom Kenny
1961 55' Chris Craft Constellation
Independence - ftkltd.com