Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Steering Wheel Column Reassembly

Keeping your powerboat under power is a lot easier with good advice. Post your power systems questions here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

John Cederstrom

Steering Wheel Column Reassembly

Post by John Cederstrom » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:45 am

I'm having difficulty reassembling throttle rod and parts below gearbox. Maybe a part or two are missing. Picture attached. I have identified the three parts I have as A, B and C. I believe part B is supposed to be used to vary the friction on throttle rod so it won't rotate as the wheel is turned. With only the three parts I have I'm stumped. Can someone offer advice? I believe gearbox is a post war Gemmer.

John C
Attachments
IMG_7916.JPG

jim g

Re: Steering Wheel Column Reassembly

Post by jim g » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:23 pm

C was originally spot welded to the backside of A. Part be is missing the small bolt that pulls it together. You should see 2 small holes on the arms. The round part of C fits into the round part of B. The missing bolt adjusts the tension to hold the throttle lever in position. The throttle rod goes through the small hole in A and you tighten the screw on A to clamp it to the rod.

John Cederstrom

Re: Steering Wheel Column Reassembly

Post by John Cederstrom » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:29 am

You cleared up my confusion by telling me that part C was originally spot welded to part A. Now it makes sense. I have the small machine screw that adjusts part B arm tension. Good explanation. Thank you much.

John C