Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Chrysler Crown CA exhaust manifold

Keeping your powerboat under power is a lot easier with good advice. Post your power systems questions here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

jamesm2733

Chrysler Crown CA exhaust manifold

Post by jamesm2733 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:30 pm

I am in search of an exhaust manifold for a Chrysler Crown model CA from the mid 30's, with a casting # E-24382-M. Jim Staib & Bud Bracket have helped me determine that the Chrysler Ace manifold will not bolt up to the CA engine. Any leads are greatly appreciated. Thank you, Jim Martin

jfrprops

Re: Chrysler Crown CA exhaust manifold

Post by jfrprops » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:38 am

Jim,

Wish I could help you with this....but can't. Hope this post gets some action and traction for you but have to say that site responses a way down since Fakebook arrived on the scene.

John in Va.
1980 Fairchild Scout 30
19?? custom Argentine Runabout 16'
1954 Whirlwind deluxe dual ckpt 16'
1921 Old Town Charles River 17' (founding Captain, James River Batteau Festival)

evansjw44

Post by evansjw44 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:57 am

Try Mike Murley at Murley Marine in Fairhaven, MI. He claims to be the Chrysler authority and parts horder.
Jim Evans

jamesm2733

Post by jamesm2733 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:31 pm

Hey John,

I hear ya on that Fakebook thing. Such a waste of time. I have a page but it is used to keep up with my two sisters and the kids in Georgia. As the old parts inventory dries up, it forces the installation of modern power. You know me, keep the old flattys running as long as possible. Can't duplicate that sound.

Best to you and your boat.

Jim

Mr Evans,

Thanks for the lead. I did speak with Mike Murley and he wished me luck in locating one. He provided me with info on a company that can repair the manifold. I spoke with them and it will be very expensive. What isn't with old wood boats.

Thank you,

Jim