Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Riva Storage

This is a general discussion area for those who are interested in Chris-Craft's connection with Riva, the legendary Italian boat marque.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

Don Ayers
Club Executive Team

Riva Storage

Post by Don Ayers » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:01 am

Ken Miller writes:

"Can I jump in and ask a couple of stupid, off-topic questions? What secures the boarding ladder when not in use? Also, is it padded to prevent scuffs from the ribs? Thanks."

That is a good question and for the most part Riva thought of everything, including storage.

In most boats I have seen (smaller) there is a large storage under the front deck. Riva decided to put this space (most of the time wasted by Chris Craft) to good use and made a storage floor. In typical Riva fashion the floor is made of slats of wood and is held in place with white rubber bumpers. Holes are drilled in the flooring boards and the bumpers slide into them.

The boarding ladder is stored here as well as many other items. Here is a not so good pic of what I am describing.

In the engine compartment is additional storage for an anchor on the starboard and tool box on the left. And paddle storage is different depending on model. See Pics

Don Ayers
1959 Riva Ariston
www.RivaForum.org
www.barrelback.com

Ken Miller

Post by Ken Miller » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:58 am

Thanks Don, for taking the time to respond and post the photos. That clears things up. BTW, there is a 28' boat on ebay right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Riva-Aqu ... Motorboats

Ken Miller
1951 Chris Craft U-22-1705 "Miss Cynthia"

Don Ayers
Club Executive Team

Post by Don Ayers » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:02 am

Yep, I saw that. That's what I call Big Boy money. Don't think I'll ever be in that league.

The Meccum Auction is coming up on Aug 13th. 5 boats being auctioned on HD TV. Can't wait to see what happens.
Don Ayers
1959 Riva Ariston
www.RivaForum.org
www.barrelback.com

Ken Miller

Post by Ken Miller » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:13 am

I've been aiming toward a Riva at some point. At what point is a Riva large enough to have the seats that fold up and you can stand at the helm and drive? A 22' boat is not large enough for that, right?
1951 Chris Craft U-22-1705 "Miss Cynthia"

Don Ayers
Club Executive Team

Post by Don Ayers » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:22 am

Dude, You can have a flip no problem. Riva started doing it in 1959 with most of the models.

I currently know of a sweet heart deal on a great Super Florida. It even says Riva Chris Craft on the dash.

No...it's not mine. Sold mine last fall. This one is all done but has not been assembled yet. CC MCL.

The guy just wants to move it along as is.

Ariston with Flip

Don Ayers
1959 Riva Ariston
www.RivaForum.org
www.barrelback.com

goodnature

Post by goodnature » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:20 pm

That's sweet.
Where's the engine? Looks like it would be tight.