Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

International Boat Show & Meeting

Where do you like to visit? Who has the best show venue? How about the best funnel cakes? Ask your questions and get the answers from our worldwide network of experts.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

Chad Durren

International Boat Show & Meeting

Post by Chad Durren » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:26 pm

Here some pics of this year's show. Sorry, I didn't get around to all the boats - there were just too many of them to take in.

http://gallery.me.com/cdurren#100526

Congrats to all of our club winners.
1952 CC 18' Sportsman
1969 CC 19' Commander Super Sport

Don Vogt
Club Executive Team

Post by Don Vogt » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:26 pm

Thanks, Chad, this is always a very nice and thoughtful service you provide for those of us who aren't able to get to these shows. the next best thing to being there.
1938 Chris Craft 17' Deluxe Runabout "Jennifer II"

Reginald Down

Post by Reginald Down » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:14 pm

Very nice photo gallery from Geneva Lake Chad, thanks for sharing it with us.
Reg Down

Al Benton
Club Executive Team

Post by Al Benton » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:20 pm

Great photos Chad. Thanks much. Lilly in beautiful! The boat's not bad either...

Al

JohnKadimik

Post by JohnKadimik » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:14 am

Thanks Chad,it was great to see you guys. What a fun show. John & Kim

Bill Basler

Post by Bill Basler » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:40 am

Chad, I got to see you for about 30 seconds. Your wife and Lily for abut 60 seconds. Reg, for about 5 minutes. And Alex Watson for about 10 minutes. Brian Robinsion for about 15 minutes. I was able to talk with John and Kim Kadamik for a good spell as the show was winding down on Sunday.

Regardless of never seeming to have enough time to visit with everyone, I am thankful to have been at the show. We had a lot of interest at our small booth and lets hope that means good things for membership growth. The Blackhawk ACBS Chapter did a great job of organizing some really interesting events. I have heard nothing but great things about the Chicago River tour and the various activities on Geneva Lake.
Bill Basler

Al Benton
Club Executive Team

Post by Al Benton » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:22 am

Wish I could have made it to Lake Geneva and helped with the booth but babysitting the 4 year old twins was also rewarding (so my daughter tells me), what timing!

Did the "Blue Bomb" make it to Geneva Lake this year? If not, be sure to have her ready for the 2012 International Show on Table Rock Lake and Big Cedar Lodge, hosted by the Heartland Classics Chapter.

Oh, wasn't the Glacier Lakes Chapter co-hosts with the Blackhawk Chapter at this year's big event?

Al

Reginald Down

Post by Reginald Down » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:26 am

Yes, The Glacier Lakes Chapter ACBS was the co-host with the Blackhawk Chapter.

The Abbey Resort was a perfect venue for the event, and the folks there treated us very nice.
Reg Down

Bill Basler

Post by Bill Basler » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:46 pm

<object width="1280" height="720"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qMRTqOgyk88?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qMRTqOgyk88?ve ... n_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="500" height="281" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Bill Basler

mattbyrne

Pictures

Post by mattbyrne » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:42 pm

I managed to get a couple of photos this last week.

Here are some shots of an early morning boat ride with Miss America ripping up and down the lake. I managed to get a couple of pictures at speed that turned out OK. On one of its first runs we were along side of it doing 40-45mph they matched our speed for a little while and then put the hammer down and pulled away like we where standing still, very cool. There is also a couple pictures of Chad and Reg out doing the same.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1011827906 ... directlink

Also here is a link to pictures of the Chicago River pre-event.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1011827906 ... directlink

Al Benton
Club Executive Team

Post by Al Benton » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:22 pm

Matt, thanks for the great photos. Did you get a chance to meet Bob & Chris Ann Braaf in Chris' Craft II, the small express cruiser? They were at our Quincy Show the weekend before the Chicago River Cruise. Chris Ann is Chris Smith's daughter. Very nice people who trailered Chris' Craft II all the way from Colorado.

Cool video, Bill.

Al

mattbyrne

Post by mattbyrne » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:47 am

Yes, I did meet the Braafs, good people.
Here is a link, from a blackhawk member, to more pictures:

Al Benton
Club Executive Team

Post by Al Benton » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:33 am

Matt, thanks for the additional photos. The Andrew J, the 1948, 26' Higgins Deluxe Sedan Cruiser was also at our Quincy Show last week. She's named in honor of Andrew J Higgins, founder of Higgins Boats. Our own Paul Morris helped locate the abandoned boat in a corn field in Oklahoma and in her restoration. She's owned by Jeff Oppenheimer of Indianapolis, IN.

Here's The Andrew J in Quincy with Paul Morris and owner Jeff on board. Emerging from the cabin door is Ed Higgins from New Orleans, LA, great nephew of Andrew J Higgins:

Another familiar boat in these photos is from our Mississippi Valley Chapter, ACBS. It's Marienkafer Zwei (Ladybug II in English), a 1948, 17' Chris-Craft Deluxe Runabout owned by Steve & MariLynn Durbin. It's fun to see familiar boats that were at the show.

Al

Reginald Down

Post by Reginald Down » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:40 pm

Al - Jeff gave us the grand tour of his Higgins Deluxe Cruiser during the ACBS International show, and it is absolutely beautiful...

I heard a rumor that Woody Boater is planning to do a feature story on "The Andrew J" next week.
Reg Down

Al Benton
Club Executive Team

Post by Al Benton » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:55 pm

Reg, thanks. I'll keep an eye out for it next week. She is indeed a beauty, and very rare. Glad you noticed her, and got to meet Jeff.

Captbob626

Lake Geneva

Post by Captbob626 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:09 pm

Great pictures Chad, Thanks for sharing. Wish I could have been there. Maybe next time.
Bob

mattbyrne

Miss America IX

Post by mattbyrne » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:59 am

Here is a YouTube video of Miss America IX ripping up and down Lake Geneva on Saturday morning of the boat show.

http://youtu.be/tH2XTMZ9Umc

That sound, oh that sound, it gives me chills!