Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

I need to KNOW !!!

Are you in need of information regarding "the way it was?" Or are you are a walking "who's-who" of Chris-Craft history? Share what you don't know—or do know here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

mrpeewee

I need to KNOW !!!

Post by mrpeewee » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:52 am

i am trying to find as much about my boat as possible.colors,electrical systems.power,system all things that i should know before i put her on the hill for her face lift.i want her to shine like a fresh penny.i have and also trilled to own a 1968 31 commander sports express.runs great but i want her to be the one that will STAND OUT.to turn heads.when seen..any help please...point me in the direction i should start.thank you for your support.and advice...
peewee

Matt Smith

Post by Matt Smith » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:19 am

Mr Peewee.. First...Go to your closest bank.. Now this is where it gets tricky..You are not going to get a loan. So you will have to try an alternative plan. It involves a note, and a fake nose glasses thing. Now you may have to repeat this often. So be nice to the tellers. Only shoot the guards. Its in there job description.. Now.. you might have enough cash to pull a complete redo like you want all at once. Don't laugh, when you go to sell it, you can tell the story.. It will help.. Call the boat. Stick Up? something like that. Now, if you want a more fun process that does not get you 10-15 with good behavior. Just start structurally. make sure the boat is sound. Do not waste a cent doing cosmetics until you know that it will float, sound Chines? Bottom. Look into the transom.. Look hard.. Uses a ice pick.. Down on the bottom of it.. Then check the next big expense. Motors. If they are cool.. Start your shine-a-thon.. This is a great place for advice.. A lot better advice than go rob a bank I might add. A bunch of guys have done the same as you are about to do.. And its fun as heck..
1948 25' Chris Craft Sportsman
1937 16' Special Racer
1968 40' Rice Trawler
1968 11' Crab Skiff
2018 Hole in my head

WoodyBoater.com

dondonsoy

same boat

Post by dondonsoy » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:45 am

just became owner of a 35ft cavalier (dont know if she has a another name ie commander, cruiser no labels) but the mariners museum in virginia forget their website call 757 591 7785 that is the # for the cc archives everything there is at least 35$ a copy. if anyone knows if my boat has 2 names feel free to let me know and if you own one or did would like to compare notes or just pick your brain
just got a 1963 cavalier lokking for any and all info about this cruiser have been in contact with mariners museum

JohnKadimik

Post by JohnKadimik » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:28 am

Don, The Chris-Craft Essential Guide calls your boat "35' Yacht".

dondonsoy

cav name

Post by dondonsoy » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:52 pm

thanks for the name when i talk to the museum i wanted to be sure we were both on the page. at 35$ a pop for drawings i want to get the right ones.
just got a 1963 cavalier lokking for any and all info about this cruiser have been in contact with mariners museum