Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

1978 30' Sportsman

Bronze, stainless, chrome or steel. If you need information about the hardware on your classic fiberglass Chris-Craft, pose your questions here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

offshorespars

1978 30' Sportsman

Post by offshorespars » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:55 am

The time has come to deal with the windshield restoration or at least in part. The 30' Sportsman is a Ray Hunt design and there are not many around, the Essential Guide says there were 46 made but I think I have hull #48. The windhield frame is clear anodized aluminum and pitted. I can deal with that part of the restoration. The port and starboard opeing windshields can be removed and I think easily disassembled. The vinyl weather stripping sealing the glass in the frame has shrunk and cracked which is causing constant water inside the boat. The rectangular weather stripping that fits in the frame and seals the windshiled to the frame when closed is also in the same condition. Does anyone know of a good source for the vinyl window seal and the weather stripping? If anyone has had any experience in disasembling the frame without removing the teak I would appreciate knowing the routine. The bedding compound has washed out from under the frame which is another source of water ingress.

Thanks.
Mike
1978 30' CC Sportsman
1948 22' CC Sportsman

ballardMike

Re: 1978 30' Sportsman

Post by ballardMike » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:31 pm

I am looking for same thing but for '67 Cavalier! Please... if anybody knows something dont be shy.
'67 Cavalier Futura 33'

ballardMike

Re: 1978 30' Sportsman

Post by ballardMike » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:40 pm

Mike... you might be able to get something from these guys: http://www.perfectfit.com/

They didn't have what I needed but were very helpful when I brought sample in to see if anything could be matched.

Good luck!
'67 Cavalier Futura 33'