Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

water pump problem

Keeping your powerboat under power is a lot easier with good advice. Post your power systems questions here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

clarks

water pump problem

Post by clarks » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:43 pm

I have a 327 that the water pump looks fine on the inside but, when running out of a bucket just quits pumping after working. It needs primed then will run but what causes it to quit pumping. I removed the thermostat thinking that might be the cause but the same thing happened. does the pump need rebuilt it looked fine inside, Who can rebuild it if thats what it needs.

evansjw44

Water Pump

Post by evansjw44 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:35 am

If you have the Jabsco neoprene impellor water pump on your 327; and most do, you need to replace the impellor and plate gasket. Impellors can loose thier resilience and loose thier pumping action. Might be why you need to prime the thing. A healthy Jabsco never needs to be primed. Another thing to look at is the possibility that the inlet hose is collapsing internally.
Jim Evans

clarks

water pump problem

Post by clarks » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:00 pm

I pulled the pump again and its a sherwood brass Q 10780 its has brass gears that look good, alittle wear on the gears but not much. Whats wrong its looses prime

clarks

water pump problem

Post by clarks » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:02 pm

I pulled the pump again and its a sherwood brass Q 10780 its has brass gears that look good, alittle wear on the gears but not much. Whats wrong its looses prime