Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Letter from Terry Fiest

Every so often the executives of The Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club will pose a question asking for your thoughts. Or maybe you have something that you would like to share with us. Step up on the soap box here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

Brian Robinson

Letter from Terry Fiest

Post by Brian Robinson » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:41 pm

below

Terry Fiest

Post by Terry Fiest » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:42 pm

Greetings all,

I had this letter slated for the Fall Brass Bell, but due to all of this discussion I have decided to post it here on the Boat Buzz. Hopefully it will address some of your questions, as we want to be up front with the membership:

To All Chris Craft Antique Boat Club Members:
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your support and membership in the largest Marque club in our hobby. As most of you know, five years ago Wilson Wright reached a milestone in his life and elected to pass the CCABC on to myself, Bill Basler, Bill Baldwin and Don Ayers. For the past five years we have operated the club in Cedar Rapids Iowa utilizing the electronic data base of Basler Design Group, owned by Bill Basler.
Brian Robinson came on board in 2006 and more recently Angilla Baccus as Associate Editor have since joined the staff and we have been operating the Club and producing a world class magazine, the Brass Bell. As with any organization we have experienced the customary ups and downs but we have managed to work together and build the club to a membership of 3500 plus, depending on renewals. Your $35.00 membership per year resulted in a quality magazine, on line “Boat Buzz”, access to historical information and an opportunity to buy and sells boats at no additional costs to you as a member.
As you can imagine, the publication and expense of the Brass Bell has been our focal point and we have managed to provide this high quality magazine because of the electronic services and personal involvement of Bill Basler and Basler Design Group. Like most business’s in the US today, Basler Design Group has been affected by the economy and Bill had to make a decision to sell Basler Design Group to another company. Bill has become part of a larger corporation and the sale of his company has impacted on the CCABC.
Let me assure all of you that you will still receive the quality Brass Bell and all the services; As the President of the Club, I met with the board and laid out a path forward that would facilitate the continued success of the club. Since Basler Design Group has been sold, Bill Basler will assume the leadership role of the club and he will operate the club in Cedar Rapids from his residence. He has done everything to transfer the files, archives, Boat Buzz and the production of the Brass Bell to his office in his residence.
As you may know, In October Don Ayers and Brian Robinson resigned their official positions, Angilla will stay on as the editor and I will pass the Presidency to Bill and resign myself. All of us have agreed to continue to provide stories and information to Bill and we have all pledged to continue our support. If any of you would like to get involved with the club, we would like to cover every boat show and we would welcome stories, pictures and input from all of you.
I want to thank all of you for your past support of the club and I ask all of you for your continued support for Bill Basler and he continues the proud tradition of the CCABC.

Thank you all,

Terry Fiest

rchay

going on

Post by rchay » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:39 pm

i just renewed at 50. dollars . instead of 35. .is this what going on means ? rchay