Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

1959 28ft Constellation foredeck color...

Are you in need of information regarding "the way it was?" Or are you are a walking "who's-who" of Chris-Craft history? Share what you don't know—or do know here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

Ed White

1959 28ft Constellation foredeck color...

Post by Ed White » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:28 pm

Anyone have any idea what colors were used on the foredeck of a 1959 Constellation 28 ft? In the brochure...and in other literature...it only shows the teak decked model. The canvas decked option has a tapered king plank in the center. The stanchions were painted tan....even the ones forward...the paint is still there under the white stuff I stripped off. I know all we see today is white deck, white cabin top, and well, white everything mostly, unless it's chromed or something. I'm having the original blue for the cabin top...getting a piece of the original canvas that was hidden under the tach housing in a well protected from light or damage space. I'm wondering if the foredeck was tan as well, as were MANY of the boats in the brochure with the canvassed/varnished big kingplank foredeck. It would look kinda cool in any case, but I have a feeling it might have been that color from day one. Look at attached photo, and see the painted deck on some of the boats. In any case, it looks kinda cool.