Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Vinyl problem...

Are you in need of information regarding "the way it was?" Or are you are a walking "who's-who" of Chris-Craft history? Share what you don't know—or do know here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

cfrost

Vinyl problem...

Post by cfrost » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:41 pm

The vinyl covering on the side of my 63’ Cavalier, really is starting to go. Does anybody know where I might find the material to replace it?

Peter M Jardine

Post by Peter M Jardine » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:30 pm

What color is it? "Deck and cabin topping" vinyl is easily available in white.. West Marine can get it for you. Vinyls with lighter backing in colors can be more problematic, but Seaquest Vinyl, which is a Redrum subsidiary, carry about 30 colors of vinyl, some of which are very close color matches to traditional Chris craft boat upholstery.

cfrost

Post by cfrost » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:24 am

Hi Peter!

Well, its the blue sections running the length of the roof I’m looking for, but I need to replace the vinyl on the deck and cabin as well (the deck has been painted over a zillion times, which is pretty normal I think).

I’ll try and have a look at Seaquest and see if they can help!

Best,
Christian

Thommyboy

Post by Thommyboy » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:34 am

If it's Nautolex, you can get it almost anywhere. Don't buy it thru West Marine. Find it on-line someplace that will much less expensive. I have purchased from www.defender.com in the past.

Andreas