Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Boat Buzz Search is Great

Post your Boat Buzz technical questions here. We will do our best to respond to your questions in a timely manner.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

DeanS29

Boat Buzz Search is Great

Post by DeanS29 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:47 pm

Bill, I just wanted to pass along an atta boy. After fruitlessly looking for a post I had read in the past I went into the search, entered "compression" and easily located the post I remembered reading on a good engine with bad compression "283 Quandries".

The search is easy to get to, easy to use and saves a lot of time...and getting sidetracked on interesting posts that have nothing to do with what you were originally looking for.

Keep up the great work your efforts are appreciated! Dean

Al Benton
Club Executive Team

Post by Al Benton » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:19 pm

I'll second that, Dean. The SEARCH function is a great tool. I use it frequently too and usually find what I'm searching for. I do get side-tracked with other tidbits along the way. It really adds another layer of pleasure to using the site. Thanks, Bill.

Has anyone discovered the Classic Boat Wiki Button on the HOME page? It looks very interesting. I'm guessing it will tie into the Member Boat Registry that Bill mentioned recently.

Al

Bill Basler

Post by Bill Basler » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:31 pm

Dean, thanks for the feedback on the search. AS Boat Buzz matures, there is obviously more and more content to try to sift through. There is grat stuff here, clear back to the very first posts. Most discussion forums are set up to "prune" off the oldest posts. Thus far we are not pruning anything. Everything is here clear back to day one of Boat Buzz.

Some of the topic areas are getting pretty deep. Engines and Powertrains, for example has 15 pages of topics.If you have some free time/patience all of the topics are worth a look. If you need information quickly, the Search function is the only way to go.

Sometimes you remember a keyword, like "compression." Other times you may remember an author name like, "DeanS29" the search works wonders.

Imagine how much content will be here 10 years from now?
Bill Basler

E-J Ohler

Atta boy

Post by E-J Ohler » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:26 pm

Yes there is "grat" stuff (your spelling check not working Bill?) (LOL) in these writings here. I keep going back and find more interesting stuff. This internet Boat Buzz, Trading Dock, Archives, etc. is great. Now let us hope our great President won't tax it (the Internet) to pay for all the great programs he proposes and will keep it free for all of us to use.
In the mean time again keep up the grat work Bill and stay dry this weekend.
Thanks,
E-J
"Dad Gawn Crazy" - 1963 31' Cavalier Futura Custom (Twin 283)