Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

'79 Super Sport

If it doesn't pertain to metal, fiberglass, wire or fabric—but it is about classic fiberglass Chris-Crafts, ask your question or give your advice here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

Ericv

'79 Super Sport

Post by Ericv » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:45 am

I came across a '79 18ft Super Sport for sale the other day, and am thinking to add it to the stable as a ski boat for the kids. We also have a '53 runabout that is great, but isn't doing it for the kids.

The '79 is in good working condition, has a 305 in it, low hours, strong compression test and oil pressure. Having a mechanic do a once over. Seems like it would be a fun cheap boat for dashing around the lake when we don't want to bother with the runabout. They're asking $3500.

I don't think CC made too many of these, but it's an attractive model. Anyone else have one? Anything particular with these that I should look out for?

Don Ayers
Club Executive Team

Post by Don Ayers » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:47 am

Is that model a straight inboard?
Don Ayers
1959 Riva Ariston
www.RivaForum.org
www.barrelback.com

Ericv

Post by Ericv » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:55 am

Yes, it's a straight inboard. Should be a decent ski boat for a hull of this vintage. Rides very nice, even in fairly rough water, and has plenty of power.

There's a 17ft for sale up at lake George as well. The one I'm looking at is not as clean as this.

http://www.boats.com/boat-details/Chris ... /108250811

quitchabitchin

Post by quitchabitchin » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:41 pm

It looks like the updated version of our '69. Fun boat, not real roomy. Four adults and 2 small children and all the gear that goes with them gets a little crowded. The previous owner said it was his "cocktail boat" on a small lake in Wisconsin. In a boat of this size, I/O's have more room to move about. I love our boat, it is just a little crowded at times. It's perfect for a couple of adults and a couple of kids skiing or tubing.
FLASH1969 Chris Craft Cavalier Ski-230 HP 327Q

CCABC Board of Directors Member