Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Old Powerwinch help

If it doesn't pertain to metal, fiberglass, wire or fabric—but it is about classic fiberglass Chris-Crafts, ask your question or give your advice here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

rgmxk22

Old Powerwinch help

Post by rgmxk22 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:52 am

Hi All,

I am hoping that some of you out there might be able to lend a hand with a promblem I have with the Powerwinch I have on the trailer for my CC XK22.

What I have is an older Powerwinch model 912 that is the one piece "square-ish" cover style, which was probably made before 1976 from what I can see at the Powerwinch website and it's not really like the newer style Powerwinch you see in the catalogs with the two piece, more rounded, covers.

Anyway, what I need help with is a source for parts for this winch (new or used parts are OK, even a complete non-working winch would help) since mine needs to have a shaft replaced in it. I know I can repair this is I can locate the parts.

Even if someone only has a old copy of the owner's manual so I can find the correct part number, that would be a big help too.

I already contacted Powerwich and they were very helpful, but no longer have parts for these older winches and haven't been able to come up with a copy of the original owner's manual/parts list.

So any help or leads will be appreciated.

Thank you
Ron Michael
1972 CC XK22
Ohio